Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacDaddy08

macrumors regular
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
I just purchased a used broken Macbook from eBay last week and fixed it so it works fine now. My problem is that the original owner took out the old hard drive before selling it, which I don't blame him, but he never detached the hard drive from the hard drive caddy that is used to slide the hard drive into the Macbook. Now, everything is working on the Macbook but I can't install the new hard drive without that caddy. I can't find one anywhere online and the original owner said they just moved and he doesn't know where that hard drive is.

Does anyone here know where I could find one of those? I need one ASAP so I can get this Mac ready to go.

sickmacdoc

macrumors 68020
Jun 14, 2008
New Hampshire
WHOOPS! Misread the original post and thought you said Mac Pro, but now see it was Macbook. Sorry!

Well, someone posted the other day about these:

http://www.transintl.com/store/category.cfm?Category=2705

which go from $29 for one sled up to $89 for four of them, as they said that Apple does not sell the sleds as individual parts.

If you do go to an Apple store and they sell them please post the info back here with price for comparison OK?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.