Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
http://lifeaftertheoilcrash.net/

This is the site that originally propelled me into being an oil awareness activist about 4 years ago and had me getting a group together to arrange briefs to NSW politicians, but... it just looks terrible in FF3. What is WRONG with the layout? I'm still not a web-designer yet... just keep getting side-tracked with other business and family priorities... but what has gone wrong with this?

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
But if you go down the page does the text not wrap properly, especially the stuff in italics, and does the city image overlay the text? That's sort of happening in FF3 for me.

angelwatt

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
USA
A brief look at some of the overlapping items shows that it's using absolute positioning on a number of items, which doesn't work well with this long of a page. This isn't something you can make an easy fix for I'd say.

eclipse

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 18, 2005
Sydney
So whatever he's using, he's ticked some 'absolute position' or 'fixed position' option in his web design package hey? Thanks for that. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.