PDA

View Full Version : "you dont know my name" by alicia keyes...

jero
Dec 8, 2003, 08:00 PM
mad soulful. this song is smooth like molasses.

scem0
Dec 8, 2003, 11:04 PM
bleh...

bad song. Alicia Keys is a pretty face with boring songs. A few are soulful, and 'you don't know my name' isn't one of 'em.

She is quickly becoming a pretty face and that's it.

scem0

jdizzel
Dec 16, 2003, 08:25 AM
Originally posted by jero
mad soulful. this song is smooth like molasses.

is that song a remix of an older song. I love that song also because it has a 60's sound to it, which is why I was wondering if it was a remix of an older tune.

jero
Dec 16, 2003, 09:41 PM
Originally posted by jdizzel
is that song a remix of an older song. I love that song also because it has a 60's sound to it, which is why I was wondering if it was a remix of an older tune.

no, but the sample sounds like it is. i feel you though. its produced by kanye west who produces for the roc and he uses alot of old r&b samples in his songs. it does sound like an throwback soul song from the 70's,

haha, whoever thinks this song isnt soulful, really just DONT KNOW soul when they hear it. ;) this is her MOST soulful song yet. a few dont feel it cause they are probably just use to associating soul with contemporary "soul" and stuff they hear on commercial radio and DONT KNOW throwback soul from the late 60's early 70's when they listen to it.

peace to jdizzel, he knows whats up...

edesignuk
Dec 17, 2003, 04:58 AM
I love Alicia Keys tracks. Got both Albums, both very good IMO. Nice to have on in the background while your busy, very soothing. :cool:
She performed "If I aint got you" live on Jonathan Ross a few weeks back, fantastic!

jdizzel
Dec 17, 2003, 07:21 AM
Originally posted by jero
no, but the sample sounds like it is. i feel you though. its produced by kanye west who produces for the roc and he uses alot of old r&b samples in his songs. it does sound like an throwback soul song from the 70's,

haha, whoever thinks this song isnt soulful, really just DONT KNOW soul when they hear it. ;) this is her MOST soulful song yet. a few dont feel it cause they are probably just use to associating soul with contemporary "soul" and stuff they hear on commercial radio and DONT KNOW throwback soul from the late 60's early 70's when they listen to it.

peace to jdizzel, he knows whats up...

damn, I didn't know Kanye West produced that song. I thought Alicia Keys produced the whole album! big ups to Kanye man, he is definitely doing his thing!!

whoever says that song is not soulful, don't really know soulful music when they here it.