Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BigDave99

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 23, 2008
Hi All

I hope you can help me as I am pulling my hair out. The Problem

I have an ATV and a Mac Book my MB has all my music on it and this in turn is synced with my iPod. My ATV has a load of TV Shows that I have purchased since it was purchased the two devices have been happily synced with all media available on each.

I did a sync last night and noticed that my macbook was getting low on hard drive space and the sync gave a few errors regarding this.

So I changed the settings on the macbook to not sync TV Shows or Movies this sync completed but now all my TV shows have gone from the ATV and I cant get them back on.

What I would like to do is get everything back on the ATV and then change over to using my desktop for iTunes sync rather that the small HDD on the macbook.

Any help would be appreciated.

gadabout

macrumors member
Sep 15, 2007
you can't put stuff on the aTV, change its sync settings, and still have that content on the box. you can change the sync computer to your desktop, and then (or do this first. order is unimportant) move/copy the media from your macbook to your desktop. if you want it on the box, and you don't want to hack/patch the box, it has to also be on the computer that it syncs with.

hope that helps!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.