PDA

View Full Version : From blind hater to just spent $3000

Kingsnapped
Dec 8, 2003, 11:04 PM
When I was little, I had a blind dislike for macs. I was occasionally forced to use OS 8.somthing at school, and my work on them was restricted to KidPrint. I clearly remember my dad commenting on buying a mac, and me yelling at him. My childhood was one of blind hatrid.
When I began highschool, I got really into creating videos. I got a bunch of footage for a skate video, and was introduced to iMovie, and my first real interaction with a mac. I made many videos after that, and eventually was hired as the head of my school district's video production studio. It was there where I had access to 3ccd cameras, and had the budget to order FCP and DVD studio pro to use there.
Eventually, I got sick of sitting in my studio for hours on end over weekends, and my campaign for a mac at home began. My only computer here was a Compaq Pesario (with the logo covered by and apple sticker) running Windows ME. I halfheardedly pushed for an iMac, but to little avail. It wasn't until my system had to be reformatted that my folks realized there was a problem. Mid October of this year came by, and the discovery of iTunes not working on ME was the straw that broke the camels back.
Using the "I'll need a laptop for college" speech, I got $1000 to spend at Apple store online for an early Christmas presant. Today I placed my order for a 15" Albook, Airport, FCE and BT mouse. The 3.5 years of horrable performance from a $900 computer are drawing to an end, with two weeks of an agonizing wait.

Counterfit
Dec 8, 2003, 11:26 PM
Awwww, it just warms your heart :D
Congrats dude!

FightTheFuture
Dec 8, 2003, 11:44 PM
i think you'll enjoy the powerbook far more than the imac. congrats to ya!