PDA

View Full Version : 12 inch PowerBook G4 Battery Going Bad HELP! (Apple Responds...)

FF_productions
Jun 24, 2008, 06:41 PM
pointless thread.

NODEraser
Jun 24, 2008, 07:14 PM
Did the replacement come with any warranty statements? A battery probably wouldn't have a very long warranty on it, so I doubt you'll get much help from Apple. I think the only condition they would replace a battery on a computer as old as that, would be if there were a government-mandated safety recall.

FF_productions
Jun 24, 2008, 07:20 PM
Did the replacement come with any warranty statements? A battery probably wouldn't have a very long warranty on it, so I doubt you'll get much help from Apple. I think the only condition they would replace a battery on a computer as old as that, would be if there were a government-mandated safety recall.

That sucks...I really hope Apple does something about this.

FF_productions
Jun 24, 2008, 08:55 PM
pointless thread.

dcains
Jun 24, 2008, 09:08 PM
No chance Apple's going to cover a 1-year old "free" battery, and can you even imagine that the original it replaced would still be operational, anyway? You can easily find a great OEM-quality 12" G4 battery on eBay for $50 shipped.

FF_productions
Jun 24, 2008, 09:10 PM
No chance Apple's going to cover a 1-year old "free" battery, and can you even imagine that the original it replaced would still be operational, anyway? You can easily find a great OEM-quality 12" G4 battery on eBay for $50 shipped.

Well the original battery is kinda dangerous, gets really hot and I'm just not risking it. Whatever I give up, I'll buck up the money.

FF_productions
Jun 25, 2008, 03:09 PM
pointless thread.

sananda
Jun 25, 2008, 03:14 PM
i got a replacement battery for my ibook as part of that program and mine is also rubbish. it has a mind of its own about how many cycles it has been through.

try calling apple though as they told me they might consider an exceptional replacement as long as it's way below 300 cycles.

Sijmen
Jun 25, 2008, 03:21 PM
Shouldn't emailing the mythical sjobs be a last resort? Not want to sound lame but maybe this didn't warrant an email there.

FF_productions
Jun 25, 2008, 03:24 PM
Shouldn't emailing the mythical sjobs be a last resort? Not want to sound lame but maybe this didn't warrant an email there.

I figured I'd try for fun to see what happens.

I'll give Apple a ring and see how it goes.

FF_productions
Jun 25, 2008, 04:00 PM
They were of no help..

Guess I'm buying new battery.

End of thread