Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Balaamsdonkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
Washington
So I am running Photoshop on CS2 on my 12in Powerbook. I haven't used it in a while and now when I go to the filters after having rasterized what I want to alter very few options are enabled. I was wondering if anyone could help me fix this. Thank you.

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
We need more information on the type of file that you are working with. Many filters are not available for selection if you are working with a CMYK or 16 bit file.

Balaamsdonkey

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2008
Washington
We need more information on the type of file that you are working with. Many filters are not available for selection if you are working with a CMYK or 16 bit file.

That was actually the problem Thanks for helping. Oh, by the way, why can't a 16bit file use all the filters?

Blue Velvet

Moderator emeritus
Jul 4, 2004
Oh, by the way, why can't a 16bit file use all the filters?

Because Adobe don't give a monkey's? I guess many of them are a bit old or many of them at 16-bit would be just so processor-intensive at high (275 ppi+) resolutions on large canvases that they would choke most machines... I have no idea. I'm no coder. That's for sure. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.