Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Have you ever had your rebate rejected by Apple?

• Yes, online.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, mail

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • No, online

Votes: 14 28.6%
  • No, mail

Votes: 18 36.7%
  • Never used any

Votes: 14 28.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

happylau

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 26, 2008
Just a little poll to see how's the rebate business going!
You can choose whether you asked for the rebate online or by mail.

Please post any comments :)

DaveF

macrumors 6502a
Aug 29, 2007
NoVA
I did the $100 printer rebate last summer, online I guess but I still had to mail something. It came through without problems.

Though I find rebates annoying, I've always gotten my check.

Foxglove9

macrumors 68000
Jan 14, 2006
New York City
They rejected both my printer and my ipod rebates last year because they lost my mail. It took a lot of phone calls and faxes and them "finding" my envelopes many many weeks after they received it. So it did get honored but not without a fight.

Alloye

macrumors 6502a
Apr 11, 2007
Rocklin, CA
I did the $100 printer rebate online. I was informed instantly that my claim was approved and two days later received e-mail saying a check was in the mail. I should have it by tomorrow.

Xtreambar

macrumors regular
Aug 2, 2006
Washington, DC
Somehow, they lost the check for my rebate in the mail when I bought my student-discount laptop in 06 and, out of nowhere, they called me about a month ago to see why I hadn't cashed it. I said I never received it and they promptly sent the rebate again. :D

JayMan8081

macrumors regular
Feb 20, 2007
Dayton, OH
I've done the $100 printer rebate thru the mail and had no problems getting it approved. Overall I was very happy with the experience and wouldn't hesitate to take part in another Apple rebate.

operator207

macrumors 6502
Jul 24, 2007
Fry's Electronics rebates seem to be one company giving the rebates for multiple devices or items (Printer, CD player, hard drive, etc)

The fine print states you can only get one rebate from X company a year. X is not the manufacturer of the device or item, its the company that gives you the rebate. Its another form of marketing. They market the product with a rebate, you buy it, then find out you cannot get the rebate because of the last product you bought. You keep the product because you needed it in the first place. The marketing/rebate company has done its job, they did not lose the rebate money, and it gets its paycheck from HP or Samsung or whomever.

Cool huh?

Jmanstk

macrumors member
May 26, 2008
Just did the rebate for the free ipod with macbook. I had the check at my front door in about a week!!! Much faster than i thought it would be here, fastest i have EVER gotten a rebate back. Two thumbs up to Apple's Online Rebate!!!

upsguy27

macrumors 65816
Jun 25, 2007
Utah
Somehow, they lost the check for my rebate in the mail when I bought my student-discount laptop in 06 and, out of nowhere, they called me about a month ago to see why I hadn't cashed it. I said I never received it and they promptly sent the rebate again. :D

Wait, so for two years you never worried that the check hadn't come until Apple called?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.