Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rocketboy

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 8, 2004
Help!

We really love our apple TV. We have it connected to a front projector onto a screen. The picture is great. The menus and the overall selection of movies, youtube and other content is great but we have a big problem.

Fairly often when we go to use it, we don't see the menu screen but instead are greeted by a silver apple. Further when we get the silver apple, the apple tv will not respond. The only way to get it going is to push the manual reset (down key and menu at the same time) until the apple tv light turns orange. The other method if all else fails is to unplug it for 60 seconds and then plug it back in.

Why does this keep happening and what can we do about it to solve this problem?

Thanks for everyone's thoughts and suggestions.

aswitzer

macrumors newbie
Nov 15, 2007
I have the same issue with my Apple TV. If I don't use it for a few days, it is nearly always "stuck" at the silver Apple logo when I go to use it. I can unplug it for a few seconds, plug it back in and all is well after it goes thru the startup movie. Sorry I don't have a solution to your issue - I'm looking for one as well.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.