PDA

View Full Version : How can I install a package on multiple machines over the network.

JBot
Jun 26, 2008, 11:17 AM
I am wondering if there is a simple way to release a software install package to multiple machines on the same network. I dont want to connect remotely via an RDC, since it would take too long (+50 machines).
I am new to the networking world for macs, so any help really would be appreciated. Thanks

AliensAreFuzzy
Jun 26, 2008, 11:20 AM
If you have the Apple Remote Desktop Admin software, you can push package installs to multiple machines from there.

JBot
Jun 26, 2008, 11:27 AM
Oh i didnt know there was an app like that on a mac. for now i am running windows xp at work just because i want to get used to it again. ill boot up my mac now and look into that. is it come with the basic install?
thank you!

foidulus
Jun 26, 2008, 12:07 PM
Oh i didnt know there was an app like that on a mac. for now i am running windows xp at work just because i want to get used to it again. ill boot up my mac now and look into that. is it come with the basic install?
thank you!

The client does, however the server (http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/) version can be a bit pricey($500/admin), but is DEFINITELY worth it! ARD saves us so much time at our all mac shop.