PDA

View Full Version : Applescripting Folder Names to File Names - help

jelloshotsrule
Jun 26, 2008, 01:59 PM
Hi All,
I am trying to bates label documents in Acrobat. The problem is that the documents are all in subfolders. To give you an idea, say I have a structure that looks like this:

files/Box1/Folder1/document1.pdf

In order to open all these and to bates label in acrobat, I have to open down to each individual file and then add all the individual file (hundreds of them). Without knowing of a way around this in acrobat itself, it seems the next best thing is to take the box and folder numbers and append them onto the file names and then copy the files out to a separate directory. Then i can just dump them all easily into acrobat, and I do not lose the folder information.

Can anyone help me with a simple applescript to do that? Or does someone have any other suggestions as to how to work around it. It is really pathetic that acrobat will not let me just select a folder and then pull all the pdfs within that folder (even if in sub folders).

thanks in advance.

toddburch
Jun 26, 2008, 04:37 PM
If I knew what a "bates label" was, I might know whether or not I could assist.

jelloshotsrule
Jun 26, 2008, 09:09 PM
is a number that is tagged on the bottom of every page of the documents.

it is an option in acrobat, the most recent versions. typically something like: apple0000134 or something.

but really, the script, since it is not interacting with acrobat, does not need to deal directly with the bates label issue.