PDA

View Full Version : Creating a Bonjour Enabled Application

parkerjm
Jun 26, 2008, 03:17 PM
Hello everyone. My goal is to create two bonjour enabled applications, one detects all bonjour enabled computers on the network and allows a user to set/change the IP addresses of these computers, and the other broadcasts its presence and listens for commands from the first appl to change the comp's IP address to whatever.

Now, I know how to do everything except the bonjour specific things. I've been trying to find helpful resources online, but I can't seem to find anything that's very helpful...

If I just install the mDNS responder on the broadcasting PC and then create a separate app to change the IP address upon remote command, will that do what I need?

How can I create a program that listens for bonjour broadcasts?

I am working in Windows, but I imagine that this stuff is fairly cross platform.

Thanks all,
James

parkerjm
Jun 26, 2008, 03:41 PM
By the way, I do have the SDK installed and am going through all the code samples in there, but any additional help is welcomed.

lancestraz
Jun 27, 2008, 09:35 PM
Try looking through Apple's documentation (http://developer.apple.com/referencelibrary/Networking/idxBonjour-date.html) on Bonjour.