PDA

View Full Version : Weird clicking noise on the iPod touch

ktmrocks
Jun 27, 2008, 05:47 AM
Wirelessly posted (Opera/9.50 (J2ME/MIDP; Opera Mini/4.1.11355/534; U; en))

My touch makes weird clicking noise when pressing home button or even the middle of screen.Is this a defect?

ktmrocks
Jun 27, 2008, 05:51 AM

Sorry have to keep it short. I'm posting from a mobile phone.

MatchFrame
Jun 27, 2008, 02:45 PM

My touch makes weird clicking noise when pressing home button or even the middle of screen.Is this a defect?

I just got my free iPod Touch with my new Mac Pro two days ago, and I noticed this, too!

It was my understanding that there's no external speaker, yet when I press the power/sleep buttom there is an audible "click" that does not at all seem to be a noise the hardware is physically making.

I don't think it has happened any other times when pressing home, etc. Also, I do not have the headphones plugged in when this happens :)

Does this have a logical explanation and we're just being dorks?

NT1440
Jun 27, 2008, 02:47 PM
I just got my free iPod Touch with my new Mac Pro two days ago, and I noticed this, too!

It was my understanding that there's no external speaker, yet when I press the power/sleep buttom there is an audible "click" that does not at all seem to be a noise the hardware is physically making.

I don't think it has happened any other times when pressing home, etc. Does this have a logical explanation and we're just being dorks?

there is a piezo speaker for system clicks, like when typing on the keyboard.

(my speaker never worked tho)

orpheusmyth
Jun 27, 2008, 03:39 PM
That can be deactivated. Just go to settings and take off the "system click sounds" or something like that. I can check later on my iPod Touch.

ktmrocks
Jun 27, 2008, 08:57 PM

That can be deactivated. Just go to settings and take off the "system click sounds" or something like that. I can check later on my iPod Touch.

Its not the system sound. Its coming from inside. It never made that sound before yesterday.

westlmartin
Jun 16, 2009, 03:04 AM
Mine is also doing the same thing..

Gew
Aug 23, 2011, 03:39 AM
I know my device is not iPod (or even Apple~) related, but Imma drop this anyways. I have a Samsung Galaxy Gio, with the exact same issue. Think it was introduced after my baby girl threw the phone on the ground. Display is not (from what it seems) crushed or broken anyways. Weird. Also kind of an annoyance.

dubliners099
Sep 22, 2013, 01:52 AM
go to SETTINGS > Sounds > Lock sounds. Click lock sounds OFF. Problem solved!:)

chrisl123
Sep 22, 2013, 05:50 AM
From what I can discern, the home button click (as well as the power button click) is hardware-based. However, the click after clicking the power button is the lock sound. This can be turned off as orpheusmyth and dubliners099 said: Settings>Sounds>Lock Sounds OFF
As for the screen, sorry can't help...:(

myrtlebee
Sep 22, 2013, 10:30 AM
go to SETTINGS > Sounds > Lock sounds. Click lock sounds OFF. Problem solved!:)

This post is over 5 years old . . .