PDA

View Full Version : Geek Fest New Orleans

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 11:46 AM
Ok...we made the votes...and New Orleans barely beat out San Francisco...

and we have enough interest in New Orleans from some u guys to justify having an extended weekend/geek party this summer...he he he :D

So for now I have one guarantee of early July....so this will probably be the time unless many of u cannot do it in July...

we need to get a headcount of who will be coming so we can figure out what we can do for group rate hotel rooms...

so go for it! ;)

Mr. Anderson
May 14, 2002, 12:10 PM
It looks like my wife and I should be able to show up. You do know that the 4th is on a Thursday, so making it that weekend, 6th and 7th, could in all likelyhood be a good time for a nice 4 day trip/long weekend.

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 12:17 PM
Originally posted by dukestreet
It looks like my wife and I should be able to show up. You do know that the 4th is on a Thursday, so making it that weekend, 6th and 7th, could in all likelyhood be a good time for a nice 4 day trip/long weekend.

exactly...

I like the way u think ;)

jefhatfield
May 14, 2002, 01:26 PM
i wish i could come but our big vacation will be in los angeles this year

but i could make a macrumors geekfest san francisco if there ever is one

i hope you guys and gals enjoy the event...send pictures and post them here on macrumors

jef

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield
i wish i could come but our big vacation will be in los angeles this year

but i could make a macrumors geekfest san francisco if there ever is one

i hope you guys and gals enjoy the event...send pictures and post them here on macrumors

jef

there was mention of interest in January, 2003 for MacWorld....I'd be willing to do that as well...now that I do not have any obligations to keep in mind...he he he :D

cleo
May 14, 2002, 02:41 PM
I do wish I could make it... but it looks like school is just going to be too demanding this summer. Blah. And there's cheap-arse flights from Tampa to New Orleans, too. (Ha, funny story. Once I was at TIA picking up a friend on the night before the Bucs played the Saints. There were all of these Bucs fans waiting to get on a flight out there, and I saw this one guy with three Coronas in each hand and holding a lime in his mouth. It was classic.) Anyway, I'm sure you'll have plenty of fun.

Oh oh oh! I was in New Orleans for the 4th a few years ago, and we had a corner suite facing the river at the... Hilton? Is that a choice? Anyway, it was the coolest thing in the world to be able to sit there and watch the fireworks go off from the barge and have room service at the same time. :D

Backtothemac
May 14, 2002, 02:46 PM
My wife and I are there. Count us in. Come on everyone that voted for New Orleans, step up and be counted....

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 02:55 PM
now u know u are going to make B2TM feel sad that u won't be coming...he he he ;)

wsteineker
May 14, 2002, 02:56 PM
Let me know when, and I'll be there. I LOVE New Orleans, and it's a quick drive from Montgomery. This could get ugly, as I'm still a college student, and we tend to do some strange things on vacation. Oh yeah, it'll also be great to meet Backtothemac, Alabama's own Mac Genius. See you guys there. This is going to be great!!!

Backtothemac
May 14, 2002, 03:05 PM
Originally posted by wsteineker
Let me know when, and I'll be there. I LOVE New Orleans, and it's a quick drive from Montgomery. This could get ugly, as I'm still a college student, and we tend to do some strange things on vacation. Oh yeah, it'll also be great to meet Backtothemac, Alabama's own Mac Genius. See you guys there. This is going to be great!!!

Well hello from Tuscaloosa, Can't wait to meet you down there. Also, thanks for the ego boost :p

Mr. Anderson
May 14, 2002, 03:16 PM
So some info would be good. Where to stay, what will we plan on doing together as a group when we get there, etc..

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 03:26 PM
So some info would be good. Where to stay, what will we plan on doing together as a group when we get there, etc..

stay tuned for details...

when we get a better idea of how many to expect...we can start ironing out the details... ;)

iGav
May 14, 2002, 03:44 PM
Can you do a webcast??? :D

I can't make New Orleans........ :(

The Tube doesn't go that far out of London....... :p

Ensign Paris
May 14, 2002, 04:13 PM
Yeah I can't get there, but I might be able to make one at MacExpo (LDN) or Paris.

ENsign

Backtothemac
May 14, 2002, 04:28 PM
Eye and I (that's funny) have to know who is coming so we can plan the festivities. Just keep posting here, and we will plan everything and then start another thread to let everyone know the scoope.

kishba
May 14, 2002, 04:45 PM
*sigh*

i asked my parents and they laughed... it looks as though I will not be able to attend

*shrug*

please webcast some parts of the fun... i don't want to miss out on too many of the festivities :)

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 04:53 PM
Originally posted by kishba
*sigh*

i asked my parents and they laughed... it looks as though I will not be able to attend

*shrug*

please webcast some parts of the fun... i don't want to miss out on too many of the festivities :)

I'm sure that some of the places we'll end up u will be able to see us on the web....lots of bars around here have webcams...he he he...

maybe u could convince your parents to make it a "family" vacation? and meet up with us for a little bit during the day...;)

kishba
May 14, 2002, 05:28 PM
Originally posted by eyelikeart

I'm sure that some of the places we'll end up u will be able to see us on the web....lots of bars around here have webcams...he he he...

maybe u could convince your parents to make it a "family" vacation? and meet up with us for a little bit during the day...;)

hehehe... i tried that but, alas, it's still a no go

my parents are saving up for a new car so i can have theirs so we don't have the spare money for a trip

but i still plan on going to a macworld as soon as i can afford to!

Mr. Anderson
May 14, 2002, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by kishba

hehehe... i tried that but, alas, it's still a no go

my parents are saving up for a new car so i can have theirs so we don't have the spare money for a trip

but i still plan on going to a macworld as soon as i can afford to!

Well, it will be in July, you going to have the car by then? You could do a road trip, pick up other Mac Rumor Geeks on the way. Actually, a roadtrip sounds kind of fun....

Backtothemac
May 15, 2002, 01:51 PM
Common everyone. This is going to be a blast! Please post here if you plan on coming, or PM me or Eye. We need to know so we can get rooms, and start the ball rolling....

Mr. Anderson
May 15, 2002, 02:04 PM
Uh, oh. We might have conflicting plans for the 4th. It doesn't look good for my wife and I that weekend, sorry. We might make it down there sometime this year, though, so I'll let you all know if we happen to be in the neighborhood.

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 03:01 PM
just a useless post...keeping it open and on top!!!

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2002, 03:27 PM
wow, at the beginning of the this thread it looked like the geeks were headed to new orleans in droves... but by now, it seems to have changed. even dukey can't make it..

where are the geeks when you need them??? ha

Backtothemac
May 15, 2002, 03:37 PM
Originally posted by jelloshotsrule
wow, at the beginning of the this thread it looked like the geeks were headed to new orleans in droves... but by now, it seems to have changed. even dukey can't make it..

where are the geeks when you need them??? ha

I am going, who else?..... Look's like it might just be me and you eye. Oh, well, tie up your daughters, and lock the doors....

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2002, 03:46 PM
Originally posted by Backtothemac

I am going, who else?..... Look's like it might just be me and you eye. Oh, well, tie up your daughters, and lock the doors....

back-dawg. your signature sounds like you're promoting the event as some sort of brothel! haha. if your wife is going, does that imply that..... she is one of the "ladies, ladies, ladies"??? ha

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 04:35 PM
I'm begining to get a bit concerned...

so far we've only got a few definites...

what happened to the rest of those who voted?? :confused:

Backtothemac
May 15, 2002, 04:38 PM
I'm begining to get a bit concerned...

so far we've only got a few definites...

what happened to the rest of those who voted?? :confused:

That is what I am saying. What like 13 or so voted, and we can't even get them to post? Do you think that Arn would make this an article issue? Make it front page news? I really think that would help get responses because of its location.

Location, location, location :cool:

YEA HAW !!!!

500!!! All legit posts to by the way.

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 04:43 PM
YEA HAW !!!!

congrats on the avatar status!!

ps: I think it's a good idea...I'll ask arn what he thinks...;)

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2002, 04:44 PM
That is what I am saying. What like 13 or so voted, and we can't even get them to post? Do you think that Arn would make this an article issue? Make it front page news? I really think that would help get responses because of its location.

Location, location, location :cool:

YEA HAW !!!!

sounds like you boys have your recruiting work cut out for you... ha

and is your last comment implying that some of us other 500+ people have some non-legit posts? if so... certainly not i!!!! ha

Backtothemac
May 15, 2002, 04:53 PM

sounds like you boys have your recruiting work cut out for you... ha

and is your last comment implying that some of us other 500+ people have some non-legit posts? if so... certainly not i!!!! ha

No, not at all, just a poke at the thread the other day about intelligent posts. I really think that everyone that is over 500 is a great group. I think we all represent the Mac community well. Even you jelloshot!!! ;)

You coming to New Orleans?

Mr. Anderson
May 15, 2002, 05:03 PM
Just for the record, I didn't vote for New Orleans, I voted for DC. I'm bumbing we probably won't be able to come, but get some firm plans set and you never know. Don't count me all the way out.

Congrats on 500 b2tm!

eyelikeart
May 15, 2002, 05:03 PM
I've PMed & emailed Arn about it B2TM...

so we're waiting to see what he can do...

so if no one comes...we'll just have to hang out...come in town earlier then the 4th and we can go see the donuts & the Molly's... ;)

Backtothemac
May 15, 2002, 05:40 PM
I've PMed & emailed Arn about it B2TM...

so we're waiting to see what he can do...

so if no one comes...we'll just have to hang out...come in town earlier then the 4th and we can go see the donuts & the Molly's... ;)

Sounds like a plan to me!!! I am really looking forward to it. My mother in law is going to keep the baby, so this will be like a honeymoon for me and the wife.

jefhatfield
May 15, 2002, 05:42 PM

Sounds like a plan to me!!! I am really looking forward to it. My mother in law is going to keep the baby, so this will be like a honeymoon for me and the wife.

HEY B2TM, now you can get an avatar! how about something on the nsa theme?;)

Backtothemac
May 15, 2002, 05:44 PM
Originally posted by jefhatfield

HEY B2TM, now you can get an avatar! how about something on the nsa theme?;)

That would be cool to have a spook avatar :D Duke is going to help me on it, as photoshop is not my best program.....

jelloshotsrule
May 15, 2002, 07:50 PM
No, not at all, just a poke at the thread the other day about intelligent posts. I really think that everyone that is over 500 is a great group. I think we all represent the Mac community well. Even you jelloshot!!! ;)

You coming to New Orleans?

even me? you bastard! i just got back from playing 9... shot 44. which is the best i've done since being done school. so that's good. the key is that i played consistently, i just missed a couple par putts that i could have possibly made. i'm happy overall though.

and no, won't be seeing you in nawlins- try not to miss me TOO much. ha

conceptDawg
May 18, 2002, 01:48 AM
I can probably make it. But, we're buying a house and might also be moving in that weekend, so I can't know yet.

Either way, it's a quick jaunt over to 'Nawlins from Mobile, so we could probably just take a break for a little while and come over!

Let me know.

cD

aafuss1
May 18, 2002, 01:54 AM
Well, the buses in Aust. couldn't hop on a barge and sail across to new olreans

wsteineker
May 18, 2002, 02:33 AM
I'll say it again. Barring an act of God, I'm there. New Orleans...just thinking about it makes me giddy. What do you say guys? So far it's me, B2TM, and Eye. Two 'Bama boys might be a bit much for him. I'm sure we'll have fun, though. You guys need to come see how southerners do it! You won't regret it, I promise. ;)

Destin
May 18, 2002, 03:08 AM
I'd be happy to attend... no need for a hotel room,
since I live in New Orleans. :) I can also offer
a demomstration of the "Pathintosh", for those
interested.

http://www.mp3car.com/usersites/destin/home.html

Backtothemac
May 18, 2002, 09:51 AM
Originally posted by Destin
interested.

Hey, I agree that two Bama boys may be too much. Destin. OMG!!! Start your own thread on that! That is classic! I would love to do that for my Honda! I have an A$$ load of mp3's, so that would be very sweet!

Kudos on the thoughtfulness of that!:D

vasu
May 18, 2002, 10:24 AM
I'm from New Orleans as well and would like to come, esp to see the car!

<no hotel room for me>

-vasu
vasut@ureach.com

macfreek57
May 19, 2002, 09:35 PM
YES!!!! ME!!!!! I'M THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

how did i miss this post?

just make sure you keep all activities under-18 compatable (please?)

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 09:50 PM
Originally posted by macfreek57
YES!!!! ME!!!!! I'M THERE!!!!!!!!!!!

how did i miss this post?

just make sure you keep all activities under-18 compatable (please?)

everyone's invited...feel free to post here or email me (I've started an email group for Geek Fest)...

I'm really glad we're starting to see more interest...

as for under 18 compatibility...I think most of us are above 21...but still come on out...we can figure something I'm sure...

ps: could u guys start emailing me with your RSVPs...that way I have an exact number?? thanks!

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 10:00 PM
yeah, drunken geeks hanging out isn't very 18 compatible.... or 19. or 20... haha

i'm still very curious to see how this all goes down. interesting to me.

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:14 PM
yeah, drunken geeks hanging out isn't very 18 compatible.... or 19. or 20... haha

i'm still very curious to see how this all goes down. interesting to me.

then u should come man!!! :D

macfreek57
May 19, 2002, 10:23 PM

as for under 18 compatibility...I think most of us are above 21...but still come on out...we can figure something I'm sure...

aww come on......that's the idea? drunkenness (no bashing intended)

but seriously, i can't and/or won't come if there's anything illegal about. that just doesn't sound like my idea of fun

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:30 PM

but seriously, i can't and/or won't come if there's anything illegal about. that just doesn't sound like my idea of fun

no one said anything about illegal activities...

but u have to know that New Orleans was a choice because of the "party" reputation...

Mr. Anderson
May 19, 2002, 10:31 PM
Ok, the geek level has increased dramatically with the inclusion of the pathintosh. Damn, would love to see that. Don't count me out 100%, there is still a small but slim chance I'll be able to make it.

D

macfreek57
May 19, 2002, 10:37 PM

no one said anything about illegal activities...

no i realize that
just when i realized that not everyone there would be my age and therefore possibly drinking alcohol i recalled to mind a few posts on the subject of illigal substance abuse and such (i'm such a square aren't i?)

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:41 PM
Ok, the geek level has increased dramatically with the inclusion of the pathintosh. Damn, would love to see that. Don't count me out 100%, there is still a small but slim chance I'll be able to make it.

D

I know duke...I'm starting to worry about myself... ;)

no worries though....just let me know as soon as u can about your attendence...

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:44 PM

no i realize that
just when i realized that not everyone there would be my age and therefore possibly drinking alcohol i recalled to mind a few posts on the subject of illigal substance abuse and such (i'm such a square aren't i?)

not square...just smart...

how old are u anyway macfreek?

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 10:45 PM

then u should come man!!! :D

haha.... ahhh... i'm happy to see someone get that pumped up about me... makes my day. ha

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:49 PM

haha.... ahhh... i'm happy to see someone get that pumped up about me... makes my day. ha

I'll keep doing it if there's a chance u may then...he he he :D :p

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 10:50 PM

I'll keep doing it if there's a chance u may then...he he he :D :p

then i'll keep acting like there is.... touche!

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 10:52 PM

drunkenness (bashing intended) is usually the idea or at least a side idea, for most people.

and yeah, not fun for me either. but then again, oh well.

eyelikeart
May 19, 2002, 10:54 PM

then i'll keep acting like there is.... touche!

well *****... :( :eek:

jelloshotsrule
May 19, 2002, 10:56 PM

well *****... :( :eek:

haha. no, i'm not coming

but hey, everyone needs some support de temps en temps.

macfreek57
May 19, 2002, 11:23 PM
so how about a list?
who's coming?

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 09:36 AM
ok here are the definites we have so far...

Back2TheMac
ptrauber
Destin
vasu
wsteineker
conceptDawg

maybes are: dukestreet, krossfyter, macfreek57

we're looking at July 4th weekend....no u don't have to be here on the 4th...but there will be some parties & such around town for those who can afford to make it that early...

either RSVP here or email me... :D

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by Destin
interested.

btw...my friend Jason did a little of the work on your Pathfinder...

small world! ;)

joshb
May 20, 2002, 01:12 PM
Hmm. Sounds like fun. I've been to a few hacking conventions in the South East, pretty fun. A bunch of mac loving geeks getting together has got to be just a good. A few guys here from Birmingham/Hoover will probably be delighted to come, aprox 5-10 people.

macfreek57
May 20, 2002, 01:13 PM
weren't there a few who couldn't make it because of other plans on that weekend?
why don't we try to schedule it for a weekend when everyone can make it?
it may not work bt we could try

zed
May 20, 2002, 01:23 PM
hmm... New Orleans.... 4th of July..... that might work, tis only 1 hr from here, i wouldnt need a hotel.... got plenty of friends there, actually now that i think about it, I may be living in NO by July. If that is the case I will have to meet up with you guys, but as for now put me in the possibles :)

sounds like fun though, I LOVE NO, its an awesome city,
always fun there!!

zed
May 20, 2002, 01:26 PM
hey macfreek,

you appear to be a fellow baton rougian, which part of BR?

im about to graduate from LSU in about 5 days....

another designer thrown to the wolves of the real world :(

Backtothemac
May 20, 2002, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by joshb
Hmm. Sounds like fun. I've been to a few hacking conventions in the South East, pretty fun. A bunch of mac loving geeks getting together has got to be just a good. A few guys here from Birmingham/Hoover will probably be delighted to come, aprox 5-10 people.

Hey, notice that I am in Tuscaloosa.... At least there are things to do in Birmingham. The only thing we have here is Alabama sports... Not that that is a bad thing.... :p

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 01:36 PM
I'd love to make it a weekend that everyone can make...

but there's always going to be someone who can't do a specific weekend for some reason...and we'll never get this thing together if that's the case... :(

wsteineker
May 20, 2002, 04:21 PM
Hey B2TM, you need to be fair to Tuscaloosa. I found that there was plenty to do besides Bama athletics during my time there. Things like drinking heavily, for example, or experimenting with mind-expanding drugs. Also, you can ride the trolley between the strip and downtown. See, lots to do. :p ;)

Backtothemac
May 20, 2002, 04:55 PM
Originally posted by wsteineker
Hey B2TM, you need to be fair to Tuscaloosa. I found that there was plenty to do besides Bama athletics during my time there. Things like drinking heavily, for example, or experimenting with mind-expanding drugs. Also, you can ride the trolley between the strip and downtown. See, lots to do. :p ;)

Oh, believe me, when I was a student between the ages of 18 and 24, :D I always had time to do stuff. It was great. Now, with a kid and my beautiful wife, that is not the case. Work, and everything makes it hard to do anything fun here. Actually, there isn't much to do here unless your a student.

joshb
May 20, 2002, 04:57 PM
If Destin wouldn't mind (i saw his page a year ago and started working on my own PPC car system) i might as well bring my embedded linux PPC car. Lexus ES 300 with G4 embedded linux system. No apple boot ROMs though, so no OS X. :'(

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 05:00 PM
If Destin wouldn't mind (i saw his page a year ago and started working on my own PPC car system) i might as well bring my embedded linux PPC car. Lexus ES 300 with G4 embedded linux system. No apple boot ROMs though, so no OS X. :'(

that sounds damned cool to me!

I'm already anxious to check out Destin's Pathfinder...he he he :D

wsteineker
May 20, 2002, 05:22 PM
I hear you, B2TM. I'd agree wholeheartedly with your assessment that there isn't much to do in Tuscaloosa if you're not a student. It's a shame, really. Still, a wife and child (both beautiful, I'm sure), and you graduated in 2000, right? Sounds like you've done ok for yourself after all, man. :)

Mr. Anderson
May 20, 2002, 05:51 PM

Auto PC geekdom. I'm really interested in seeing what you guys are doing with your cars. Post pics if you've got them joshb.

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 06:10 PM
I'm letting u guys know today that I'm pricing out hotels for the weekend of July 4...

hopefully the merchants will not be jacking up the prices much (if at all)...

it would be a big help for those who read this to email me a quick yes...I'm putting together an email listing....B2TM is helping out as well...and I'm already getting confused as to who is doing what...

thank u :)

cleo
May 20, 2002, 06:14 PM
I'm letting u guys know today that I'm pricing out hotels for the weekend of July 4...

hopefully the merchants will not be jacking up the prices much (if at all)...

it would be a big help for those who read this to email me a quick yes...I'm putting together an email listing....B2TM is helping out as well...and I'm already getting confused as to who is doing what...

thank u :)

Remember, go for a corner suite facing the river... fireworks at eye level are spectacular! :D

It turns out I might actually be in LA for a family reunion that weekend (did I ever mention I was born in Monroe?)... don't count on me for hotels or anything, but I might stop in while passing through just to say hi :D

Backtothemac
May 20, 2002, 06:15 PM
Hey, I jsut sent The Grenoble house an e-mail for a rate. Pulling old strings, but some may want to stay there. It will probably be around 100 a night, but man, it is the bomb. No doubt about it. The Mariott should be a good choice because of the number of rooms. Metarie may not be bad, but that is a long way to go back after a night in the quarter. i will contact the Burbon Orleans as well.

Backtothemac
May 20, 2002, 06:16 PM
Originally posted by cleo

Remember, go for a corner suite facing the river... fireworks at eye level are spectacular! :D

It turns out I might actually be in LA for a family reunion that weekend (did I ever mention I was born in Monroe?)... don't count on me for hotels or anything, but I might stop in while passing through just to say hi :D

Oh, hell yea! I hope everyone like blues. We are going to see one of the greatest blues men alive when we are down there

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 06:21 PM

Oh, hell yea! I hope everyone like blues. We are going to see one of the greatest blues men alive when we are down there

u know I'm always down for the local jazz & blues here...he he he...

thanks for the help by the way...

and cleo....u should stop in...when we have a better idea of where we'll be & such one of us (likely B2TM) will let u know... ;)

macfreek57
May 20, 2002, 06:33 PM
Originally posted by zed
hey macfreek,

you appear to be a fellow baton rougian, which part of BR?

im about to graduate from LSU in about 5 days....

another designer thrown to the wolves of the real world :(

i'll pm you

MarioDashZero
May 20, 2002, 10:39 PM
I live in Baton Rouge but you should try the ambassador hotel. The internet rates off the website are usually pretty good.

http://clients.neworleans.com/ambassador/

Mario

eyelikeart
May 20, 2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by MarioDashZero
I live in Baton Rouge but you should try the ambassador hotel. The internet rates off the website are usually pretty good.

http://clients.neworleans.com/ambassador/

Mario

thanks for the tip Mario!

B2TM is checking up on some hotel rates within the next few days...

are u going to be staying in New Orleans any nights? or just winging it with Baton Rouge?

Mr. Anderson
May 20, 2002, 10:56 PM
How many people are going to be staying at hotels in the city? What's the total geek count at now?

Backtothemac
May 20, 2002, 11:06 PM
How many people are going to be staying at hotels in the city? What's the total geek count at now?

Well Josh in Birmingham is saying he will bring 5-10 people, but they are not members here as far as I know, but hey, if they love Macs, then I say bring them. If they are windows junkies the last thing I want to hear while walking down burbon street is "man xp's interface looks so much better than OS X." I would hate to go to jail while I was down there.

As far as people here. It seems like it is around 5 -7. Going to do a total head count tomorrow. I really hope you can make it Duke. It is going to be a fun time.

joshb
May 21, 2002, 12:08 AM
Well Josh in Birmingham is saying he will bring 5-10 people, but they are not members here as far as I know, but hey, if they love Macs, then I say bring them. If they are windows junkies the last thing I want to hear while walking down burbon street is "man xp's interface looks so much better than OS X." I would hate to go to jail while I was down there.

lol. all of my people are hard core Debian or OS X people. And they're all smart enough to realize the superiority of the PPC platform, although they don't all use it. i checked in with everyone today and it seems that a few are going to be out of town, so i'll probably be coming with closer to 4 - 7 people depending on who's leaving or not.

wsteineker
May 21, 2002, 06:35 PM
Hey Eye or B2TM, I was wondering if either of you had a list of who all from the boards might be coming to GeekFest. post it up here when you know. Thanks for the information, guys, and thanks for setting all of this up for us. It's going to be a blast! :)

BeerDrinker29
May 21, 2002, 06:57 PM
You sure you don't want to move it to MWNY.. like an aftershow party? Just a thought.. right now it doesn't seem too many people can make it

Backtothemac
May 21, 2002, 08:52 PM
Originally posted by BeerDrinker29
You sure you don't want to move it to MWNY.. like an aftershow party? Just a thought.. right now it doesn't seem too many people can make it

Actually there are quite a few. Tomorrow eye and I are going to get a list of who is coming and post a new thread with the list for confirming. NY had its chance, and got voted down.....:(

Sorry, maybe for the next one :)

Mr. Anderson
May 21, 2002, 11:35 PM
I really hope you can make it Duke. It is going to be a fun time.

Well, looks like that won't happen. I'm either going to have to stay up here for the 4th (friends coming in from out of town) or maybe go to San Fran around the 4th, not sure about that one. But I really did want to go and meet you all. We'll have to plan another soon.

D

Backtothemac
May 21, 2002, 11:37 PM

Well, looks like that won't happen. I'm either going to have to stay up here for the 4th (friends coming in from out of town) or maybe go to San Fran around the 4th, not sure about that one. But I really did want to go and meet you all. We'll have to plan another soon.

D

Man, I hate to hear that you won't make it. Hopefully we will be able to do a web cast. That would be really neat if we could. We just need someone to bring a decent webcam, and maybe Arn could give us a little bandwidth (hint, hint) :D

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 12:20 AM

D

definitely man...

they've already been mentioning doing something next January for MWSF...which would be killer!! :D

and to be honest...I'm still in the midst of making traveling plans for the summer....if I can get out to DC for a couple nights...I'd love to hang out with u...;)

Mr. Anderson
May 22, 2002, 09:34 AM

and to be honest...I'm still in the midst of making traveling plans for the summer....if I can get out to DC for a couple nights...I'd love to hang out with u...;)

I'll be here, definitely let me know when you're coming.

eyelikeart
May 22, 2002, 01:50 PM

I'll be here, definitely let me know when you're coming.

I think the only thing that can make it a bit unsure of when is money...but I'm working on it... ;)

eyelikeart
May 23, 2002, 11:02 AM
so for those coming from here...

how many days do u need a hotel room for?