Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

consumedsoul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Anyone encounter the following issue?

I used eyetv 250 plus to record a HD show (about 50 mins), used handbrake to convert to apple tv format (eyetv's conversion tool is horrible, adds a lot of 'stutter' and slight lag sometimes), then tried synching my apple tv - and I get the error:

"..." was not copied to the Apple TV "..." because it cannot be played on this Apple TV.

:(

consumedsoul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Btw...

BTW - the show DOES play successfully in iTunes after conversion.

Anyone encounter the following issue?

I used eyetv 250 plus to record a HD show (about 50 mins), used handbrake to convert to apple tv format (eyetv's conversion tool is horrible, adds a lot of 'stutter' and slight lag sometimes), then tried synching my apple tv - and I get the error:

"..." was not copied to the Apple TV "..." because it cannot be played on this Apple TV.

:(

dynaflash

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2003
make sure that the picture size is compatible with the atv's maximum res. the atv preset was created *before* HB could scan HD sources, so you will have to scale it down.

consumedsoul

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 14, 2008
Ah - gotcha - do you know what ATV max res is off your head?

make sure that the picture size is compatible with the atv's maximum res. the atv preset was created *before* HB could scan HD sources, so you will have to scale it down.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.