Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

vkramer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2008
This is old news, but Nokia Morph is fun looking, even if it isnt coming out for another 15 years.

This phone reminds me of the MCI Global from Earth:Final Conflict - one of the coolest communication devices ever.

nokia-morph-concept-nano-materials.jpg

http://www.nokia.com/A4852062

video

http://nds3.nokia.com/NOKIA_COM_1/About_Nokia/Research/Demos/Morph/video/morph_concept_small.mov

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
So what part is the cellphone? Is the entire phone the white ring that can go over your ear? Used by itself, but it you want more options, you clip it onto many sized transparent displays that react to it for more options and multimedia type stuff.

Please post some details on the concept.

vkramer

macrumors regular
Original poster
May 15, 2008
The Phone is a concept idea from Nokia utilizing future oled like technology - its basically a bendable/flexible screen that can be molded into any shape. Thus when you are done using the phone you can turn it into a wrist band that displays time and what not.

just google it - you will find more info

there is a demo video as well

TimothyB

macrumors 6502a
Jun 20, 2008
Bay Area
Cool. Be sure to post in 15+ years time with your review.

I wonder if in 15 years everyone will have cheap transparent touch displays replacing notepads and such. With a mini OS, but also connectivity to other devices to take over the screen as it's own. So all types of cell phones and media type devices would shrink in size if they new everyone had these screens to use instead.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
As flexible PCBs come into mass production, I think they're going to do really amazing things. :)

P.S. This has no business in the iPhone competitor. Today's iPhone is going to be a relic by the time this kind of technology goes into production. Off to industry discussion you go. ;)

nickspohn

macrumors 68040
Jun 9, 2007
As flexible PCBs come into mass production, I think they're going to do really amazing things. :)

P.S. This has no business in the iPhone competitor. Today's iPhone is going to be a relic by the time this kind of technology goes into production. Off to industry discussion you go. ;)

A relic?? Pfff the iPhone will seem like one of those big satellite phones used 20 years ago.

But by then the iPhone 20G will be able to work as a phone, yet as a car, and a place to sleep.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.