Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sotiri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
hello, i am writing to anyone that is a player of Call of Duty and Call of Duty:United Offensive. if you just bought a new Intel machine you probably are heart broken that you can't play these games under the 1.5 patches. I have spoken with Aspyr about this problem and they said it was because of the 1.5 patch being not compatible with the Intel machine. he also said that COD/UO is not even supported under Intel chips. well that is just FALSE. in fact it plays better under my 24"iMac than COD 2 does. anyway. I had many conversations with them about the fact that i don't know anyone that plays COD 2 because it just plain blows. and that we al still love to play united offensive. at any given time there are more people on UO servers than COD 2 servers. he agrees but says that because nobody else has complained about this that he can't get a development team to start work on any kind of patch update. SO... he recomended that I get as many people to go to aspyr's website and open up "tickets" ( support ) and tell them that you too want to play COD/UO on your intel and to please make a 1.5 patch that is compatible. so if you don't want to lose a great game I ask you to take 2 minutes of your time to do so. here is the link... you have to register first but that takes two seconds.

http://support.aspyr.com/

Thanks Folks, keep this great game alive!!!! they do listen. all he asks is more people to ask them to do it. !!!!
:apple:

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Even though I have not played this game in quite some time, I was thinking about loading it on my notebook yesterday. I wrote them a letter as you requested.

Sotiri

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 15, 2008
Thanks KingYaba,

Load it up...it's still great! :)

maybe I'll see you there some day. SOTO

KingYaba

macrumors 68040
Aug 7, 2005
Up the irons
Well I cheated a bit. I used my G4 machine and installed United Offensive on that computer's hard drive. I installed the patch and map updater on the G4 & then over my network I transferred the game to my Macbook Pro. Patch, UO map pack, and all. :cool: I have both 1.4 and 1.5.1 on my notebook in case I run into some glitches.

Markovich

macrumors member
Jul 22, 2008
Central Ohio
OK,

I did the same thing. I came from a Dual G5 tower to a 24"Imac 2.8ghz.
So, I had a friend install COD and UO on his G4 tower and run the updater. Then he copied all the files onto a DVD . I simply dragged them over to the appropriate locations and the game runs fine now.
Disclaimer: I actually own the game and felt no obligation to buy the COD Deluxe pack which is already patched at 1.5. That should also run fine for those who are thinking about buying it.

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
I play the game awesome game didnt read question sorry post too long. I know if you want to rollback to 1.41 theres a patch or something.

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
if you already have 1.41 then you can't go back to it so no use. If you want you can go to 1.51 with a patch just google COD UO 1.51 patch mac and you should find something. You can even get 1.41 and 1.51 on the same computer. If you wanna know just post and ill tell.

ChrisN

dustylense

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2008
yes post hot to run 1.4 and 1.5 on intel mac

Yes, please post your findings on running the 2 versions 1.4 and 1.5 on your mac

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
Ok well you can do 2 things:
1. Create 2 accounts on your computer and install cod uo on both, on one account upgrade to 1.51 and leave the other alone

2. take you Call of Duty folder with the game in it and duplicate it
on one folder make it Call of Duty UO 1.51 and then upgrade that one to 1.51. I really don't know if you have to upgrade the original or duplicate.

ChrisN

KarlHahn

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
Texas
ChrisN, you mentioned above a link to a "rollback patch". This particular patch is, however, a .exe file...which won't work with a mac. Are you aware of a way to roll back COD:UO 1.51 -> 1.4 on a mac?

KarlHahn

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2008
Texas
Could you explain what you mean by this? My install CDs have 1.51 by default...I cannot install both versions, as such.

ChrisN

macrumors 65816
Aug 27, 2007
Demarest, NJ
ChrisN, you mentioned above a link to a "rollback patch". This particular patch is, however, a .exe file...which won't work with a mac. Are you aware of a way to roll back COD:UO 1.51 -> 1.4 on a mac?

I'm sorry I really don't know, all of my friends play PC so thats what they keep telling me. Sorry but 1.41 only has like 200 servers anyway.

ChrisN

btw what names do all of you go by ingame

Megalulz

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2011
Need help!

@KingYaba

I sent you an email, please check it out when you get time, i need help with my uo, thanks

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.