PDA

View Full Version : iPod Nano 4g Updates???

gipod
Jun 28, 2008, 12:42 PM
Hi! I just purchased an iPod Nano 3g and was browsing the website and notice that Mac Buyers Guide is suggesting that I wait til the upgrade. I have tried browsing the web to see if there are specifics as to what the new upgrades will have, but cannot find anything on the web that details the new upgrades. Does anyone know what the Nano 4th Gen upgrades will have?

cosmokanga2
Jun 28, 2008, 02:50 PM
I myself just purchased a 8GB Nano. All I think in the way if updates is an increase in capacity, 8 & 16GB and maybe some more small features. (bigger screen?) I don't think it will get wifi, a touch screen or any other major hardware upgrades though. If it suits your needs now, why wait!

superhuman
Jun 28, 2008, 03:51 PM
I myself just purchased a 8GB Nano. All I think in the way if updates is an increase in capacity, 8 & 16GB and maybe some more small features. (bigger screen?) I don't think it will get wifi, a touch screen or any other major hardware upgrades though. If it suits your needs now, why wait!

I have an 8GB 2G... and I have been waiting forever. I'm giving Apple until September. If they don't come through, I'm bolting for the Zen. I don't want to do it... I love Apple... but it's getting ridiculous. The Zen has been available in 32GB for months already and it's comparable in size, prize, and quality.

Tallest Skil
Jun 28, 2008, 03:56 PM
I have an 8GB 2G... and I have been waiting forever. I'm giving Apple until September.

Which is good, because if you'd done any research you'd know that September is iPod month. As in... every year.

How long is forever, really?

SactoGuy18
Jun 28, 2008, 07:08 PM
I have an 8GB 2G... and I have been waiting forever. I'm giving Apple until September. If they don't come through, I'm bolting for the Zen. I don't want to do it... I love Apple... but it's getting ridiculous. The Zen has been available in 32GB for months already and it's comparable in size, prize, and quality.

Having actually played around with the Creative ZEN, that model is nowhere as elegant to use a the current 3G iPod nano. The ZEN has more storage capacity but I miss the very elegant Click Wheel interface and the tightly-integrated iTunes program.

I personally think there's a possibility that Apple may continue the 3G iPod nano production but introduce a 3.5G version with all-new, smaller internal circuit board and storage capacity up to 32 GB, thanks to the use of new, higher-capacity flash memory chips.

superhuman
Jun 29, 2008, 12:00 PM
Which is good, because if you'd done any research you'd know that September is iPod month. As in... every year.

How long is forever, really?

Indeed... which is why I set September as my deadline.

Forever is... well, I replaced my 4GB 1G Nano with an 8GB 2G Nano the very first day that 2G Nanos were available. I've been patiently waiting since then. The 3G does nothing for me as I don't have any desire to watch videos and I prefer the dimensions of the 2G. As such... capacity is the big thing for me.