PDA

View Full Version : Quick Look other document types?

ArtOfWarfare
Jun 28, 2008, 12:52 PM
I was wondering how Quick Look actually works... is there some way I can make other document types "quick-look-able"?

I use a program called Art Of Illusion a lot. The person who makes it hasn't made it so the documents it saves are "quick-look-able". I was wondering if maybe I could make a script that would take a screenshot every time I save and it would replace the document icon with the screen capture and if I try quick looking the document it'll show the screen capture.

Is something like this possible?

I don't understand how quick look works at all...

Osarkon
Jun 28, 2008, 01:13 PM
You'd need to write a plugin to do it that would be able to read the format of files that Art of Illusion saves in.

I had a quick look at the website, but couldn't see what format it saves it's files in. Once you know that, try searching for a Quicklook plugin for it. With a bit of luck there's already one been made.

ArtOfWarfare
Jun 28, 2008, 07:02 PM
It saves files as .aoi...

it's a proprietary format (not quite sure that I used the word right... what I mean to say is no other program saves in the format.)

I looked and there is no quick look plugin like this.

But I guess I got the answer that no, it's not possible to do what I said. I read Apple's developer description of Quick Look and it looks like it actually opens the files... just not the normal program. So it's like a read only sort of thing.

Well, I don't know much of anything about programming yet so I don't think I can do this myself... I left the guy who makes Art Of Illusion a note on the support forums.