Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ironslave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Hey i am frustrated with this, i am looking for a good amature multitrack recording program compatable with MAC OS 9 i tried Audacity but i don't like how it works. if anyone could point me in the right direction or can send me some good software i would be appreciated. i looked around for some links to pro tools free but i cannot find it anywhere. help?

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Just to note that PT Free was a free download from Digidesign, an 8 track version of PT that ran on System 9.

It is not a pirated version of PT, it was legitimately available.

ironslave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
acctually PT Free was discontinued a couple of months ago. so i cant get it :(

I just need something

PM SENT

junior

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2003
It's still available via their website, but I've sent you an email anyway.

ironslave

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 28, 2008
Thanks for pro tools. i am curious where others are still able to find pt free on digidesigns website because the only thing i get is a screen telling me that it is discontinued

WinterMute

Moderator emeritus
Jan 19, 2003
London, England
Hmmm, I'm registered but I couldn;t see it it when I went over there, they must have it well hidden.

I have the last version on a CD somewhere, but it looks like you have it covered, the reason I posted was because a member reported the post as supporting piracy.

junior

macrumors 6502a
Mar 25, 2003
Hmmm, I'm registered but I couldn;t see it it when I went over there, they must have it well hidden.

I have the last version on a CD somewhere, but it looks like you have it covered, the reason I posted was because a member reported the post as supporting piracy.

You're right, I probably wouldn't have found it either if I'd just looked through their site. But a simple visit to DUC in the PT Free forum was all it took. If someone can post a link there, I very much doubt it constitutes as piracy.

jvbonanno

macrumors newbie
Sep 26, 2011
Protools Free Version 5.0.1 download at www.os9daw.com

Hey i am frustrated with this, i am looking for a good amature multitrack recording program compatable with MAC OS 9 i tried Audacity but i don't like how it works. if anyone could point me in the right direction or can send me some good software i would be appreciated. i looked around for some links to pro tools free but i cannot find it anywhere. help?

You can still get tons of stuff for Mac OS 9, check out

http://www.OS9DAW.com

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.