Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
Hi, I know this is a long shot, but I was wondering if anyone out there can help me. On my 12" PowerBook G4, I damaged that dark grey, plastic rim that outlines the bottom half of the case. I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I can get a another one, or if you have one that you don't need, and you could sell to me. I guess I'm looking for someone who's case was ruined and they had to get another one, but the plastic band is still fine. Thanks.

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
I doubt anyone here would have a spare. you will have to get it from apple. maybe they will even pay for it? if you get the right rep on a good day good things can happen. as I have said before I got apple to pay for a new side panel on my tower and it only had a small quarter inch crack coming out of the hole where the screw goes in.

blue&whiteman

macrumors 65816
Nov 30, 2003
they only cover faulty casings, not ones that you damage on your own. not 100% sure but I think thats their policy.

jamdr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 20, 2003
Bay Area
Maybe!....no, I guess not

Yeah, I don't think AppleCare will cover it. I mean, it was completely my fault, and it's pretty obvious it's not just a "faulty" case. It's not a huge deal, just some scratches, but I would like to be able to fix it without paying $200+ for a whole new replacement case. All I need is that plastic piece--the aluminum is fine, and it's detachable, too. All I need to do is find it somewhere.

I wish I could just swap mine with the one on the display model in some store...oh well :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.