Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MYRZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Holland
Okay, i'm looking for a car mount arm, to mount on my front-window with a suction cup, which can hold my iphone, and which i can swivel from portrait mode, to landscap mode... i searched all over the internets but can't seem to find a decent one... any recommendations?

thanks...

SFStateStudent

macrumors 604
Aug 28, 2007
San Francisco California, USA
Okay, i'm looking for a car mount arm, to mount on my front-window with a suction cup, which can hold my iphone, and which i can swivel from portrait mode, to landscap mode...

I know in California, it's illegal to obstruct the windshield view of the driver, with the exception of the lower right-hand side of the windshield for parking permits and such, in a 7" section. This applies to GPS models as well.

I've mounted a Belkin Acrylic Clear Case with a dashboard adhesive mount for my iPhone and it's been working flawlessly since Oct '07. Mounted below windshield level near my a/c vents. :cool:

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I know in California, it's illegal to obstruct the windshield view of the driver, with the exception of the lower right-hand side of the windshield for parking permits and such, in a 7" section. This applies to GPS models as well.
And yet people do this all of the time and most likely never run into a fix it ticket as a result of their actions. I wouldn't worry about it, I'd do it if that was what I wanted.
I'm more worried about the goons on the road anyway.

ugamac

macrumors newbie
Apr 2, 2008
I know they make one because I looked at it here in Athens, GA at a store called Peachmac but it was for the 1st gen iPhone so maybe Griffin took it off their website because they are coming out with a 3g version.

MYRZ

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 11, 2008
Holland
Well... in europe there ain't such kinda law... fortunatly... :) but it could explain why there aren't that much available...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.