PDA

View Full Version : Apple in ear headphones. LOW sound from left side.

aaquib
Jun 30, 2008, 11:57 AM
I bought a pair of Apple in ear headphones from eBay. It was supposed to be knew, but was open boxed. Anyways, the left earbud has really low/unacceptable volume. Even when I fully blast my iPod I can barely hear it. I've tried putting in the right earbud in my left ear and that worked fine, and I tried it on another iPod and my Mac. So it's not my ear, it's the earbud. Anyways, every # I try on the box is not accepted in Apple's support. "We're sorry, that serial number is invalid". What should I do???

Pixellated
Jun 30, 2008, 12:27 PM
I doubt that they are genuine. How much were they?

KingYaba
Jun 30, 2008, 12:33 PM
What should I do???

Start the paperwork...

aaquib
Jun 30, 2008, 01:09 PM
I doubt that they are genuine. How much were they?

They were $15, but are geniune. They came in the official Apple box with the user guide, warranty info, and the awesome came for the headphones. They are the older white boxes though, not the new black ones.

Roy Hobbs
Jun 30, 2008, 01:32 PM
They were $15, but are geniune. They came in the official Apple box with the user guide, warranty info, and the awesome came for the headphones. They are the older white boxes though, not the new black ones.

Just because they came in a real box doesnt mean they are real. Especially an open box. I would contact the seller and get my $$ back

slu
Jun 30, 2008, 02:00 PM
The solution to the problem is easy:

Call Applecare (1-800-275-2273). They will be able to help you find out if they are legit or not and will be able to help if they are legit. If they are not legit, try to return them to the seller.

aaquib
Jun 30, 2008, 02:47 PM
The solution to the problem is easy:

Call Applecare (1-800-275-2273). They will be able to help you find out if they are legit or not and will be able to help if they are legit. If they are not legit, try to return them to the seller.

If they are legit, what are my options?

slu
Jun 30, 2008, 03:06 PM
If they are legit and still under the warranty, Apple should replace them. Just call them and find out. You have nothing to lose except for your 15 dollars.

aaquib
Jun 30, 2008, 09:21 PM
If they are legit and still under the warranty, Apple should replace them. Just call them and find out. You have nothing to lose except for your 15 dollars.

Well, Apple refuses to talk to me because it's been over 90 days since I've purchased the iPod Touch...A bit pathetic IMO. I'll wait and try with my brother's iPod, he has AppleCare.