PDA

View Full Version : Remember the hockey puck mouse?

Wildcat
May 14, 2002, 03:35 PM
You all know which mouse I am talking about right? Anyway I think I may have found something that the mouse is actually useful for.
:D

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 03:43 PM
u know...that's probably the best use I've seen for one of those things!! :D :p :eek: :)

iGav
May 14, 2002, 03:50 PM
Actually...... it's probably the new fan required to keep the prototype G5's cool..... I'd dread to see the heatsink......

Ensign Paris
May 14, 2002, 03:51 PM
That thing rules, I am sure I have a broken puck mouse sitting around here somewhere.

Ensign

Wildcat
May 14, 2002, 03:59 PM
All my friends say that i am such a geek for having it up there but I guess they are right. :rolleyes:

eyelikeart
May 14, 2002, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by Wildcat
All my friends say that i am such a geek for having it up there but I guess they are right. :rolleyes:

what do u think my friends say when I tell them I am the #1 poster on macrumors.com?! :D :eek: ;)

not to mention that I'm heading the Geek Fest New Orleans in July...ha ha ha!!!! :p

edesignuk
May 14, 2002, 05:22 PM
The apple designers must have been having a bad day when they thought up that thing. hehehe

Mr. Anderson
May 14, 2002, 05:42 PM
Not only that, mine crapped out on me after a few months. Not a very good design. I use a tablet now, no desire to have just a mouse anymore.

Macmaniac
May 14, 2002, 08:10 PM
I used that mouse for awhile and boy was it annoying! Very good usage though, when I buy my friends mac I will try and get one of the hockey pucks.

kettle
May 14, 2002, 09:10 PM
I was wondering if the way a user holds the puck is related to the love it or hate it situation?
I use thumb and middle finger to move the puck and index to click.
I love the puck.
Anything else feels like I'm steering a shoe around the desktop.:confused:

Wildcat
May 14, 2002, 09:23 PM
I always used the thumb and pinky to move the mouse and then clicked with the three in the middle. I didnt like the mouse but I didnt loath it.

mmmdreg
May 15, 2002, 07:36 AM
I used the index and 3rd fingers to click and held it sort of diagonally, pointing to the left a bit...I sometimes find my self doing that with my ProMouse sometimes..its just a weirdo habit..

iGav
May 16, 2002, 03:55 AM
I have a friend who still uses it on her B&W G3, along with the crappy little keyboard.....

She loves them both....... :rolleyes: :p

Each to the own I suppose...... :D

Mines a Wacom though.......:D ;) :p

jelloshotsrule
May 16, 2002, 08:20 AM
until recently they had those crappy ass mouses at all the email/web stations at school. goodness gracious those things blow.

it took more time to get the mouse in the right place than to actually do anything worthwhile...

now they have 3 button opticals. i think.

SilvorX
May 26, 2002, 11:23 PM
i dont like the hockey puck mice since they arent as comfortable as the optical mouse that they now use, i didnt mind the old style mice that they had b4 the imac but most ball mice suk alot

britboy
May 27, 2002, 07:38 AM
I used to think the hockey-puck mouse looked really cool and new. Then i used one at an apple retailer, and changed my mind to new and crap. That thing was the most unergonomic design since the mice of the Classic Mac era.

Thank goodness it was replaced with the pro mouse....

King Cobra
May 27, 2002, 07:48 AM
Well, since this thread was brought back to life...

I used to use the hockey puck mouse so much with my original iMac years ago my right hand is still trying to look the same as my left, although I know it will not happen anymore. Luckily, now I use only Apple Pro Keyboards and Pro Mice with my computers. At least one of them glows in the dark.

Any guesses, anyone? :)

Fear the King.

big
May 27, 2002, 09:40 AM
thanks for dating my G3....I still have one in front of me. (I shouldn't admit that should I?) well, if it weren't for a baby, new truck, wife's Ibook etc etc...I wouldn't have just the 450 upgrade chip in it. uhhh anyone wanna buy a G3 zif? (and my mouse?)