PDA

View Full Version : Recently played help...

AwesomeWithAQ
Jun 30, 2008, 02:40 PM
...I had my ipod on shuffle and want to make a playlist from all the songs I've listened to. I know it syncs up to my recently played on my itunes, but I've listened to a lot on my computer since the last song on my ipod and I'm afraid it won't show up. Is there any way I can make a smart playlist that will sync up recently played songs on my ipod? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys. - Q

mkrishnan
Jun 30, 2008, 02:52 PM
No, AFAIK, none of the iPods, including the iPhone, are able to do smart playlists that update themselves while on the iPod. So the only real solution I know about is to sync more often.

Otherwise, I guess you could do some trickery along the following lines:

- Create a smart list of recently played songs with the constraint that they also appear on the playlist of songs that your Shuffle syncs with (the master one that has all the songs on your Shuffle)

- With or without a macro, set up your iTunes so that your shuffle songs have some identifier, like they all have a certain rating (if you don't generally use ratings) or something, and then set that as a criteria for your smart playlist.

In both cases, the playlist will still use the songs whether they were played on the iPod or in iTunes, but it will limit the songs to the iPod's songs....