PDA

View Full Version : Volume Problem on iPod Classic

nived87
Jun 30, 2008, 04:19 PM
I just bought an iPod Classic. When I play music, many of my songs (about 1/3) play at a volume that is just audible. These tracks seem unresponsive to changes in volume. They sound the same with the volume all the way down as they do with the volume all the way up. The volume on other songs seems fine. The tracks that I have this problem with appear random. If I remove all the music from my iPod and then put it back on, the same tracks have this issue. I've tried syncing with "sound check" on and off in iTunes and switching "sound check" on and off on the iPod. There is no problem listening to these songs on iTunes. Even with "sound check" off the volume sounds pretty level.

Has anyone ever experienced or heard of this problem? How can I fix it? I feel like I've tried pretty much everything except restoring the iPod, which I plan to try tonight.

Thanks

nived87
Jul 1, 2008, 04:10 PM
I've resolved this problem. I changed the volume adjustment for all my songs to the max (all the way to the left) and then changed them back to normal. This resolved all my problems and all my songs sound level on both my iPod and iTunes. If anyone is having trouble with volume leveling, they may want to give this a try.