Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

arcadeforest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Is anyone else having problems with with album art not matching? Everytime after I resync I get a handfull (10-20 out of 2000 songs) showing the wrong cover art. In Itunes everything is correct. If I cut and repaste the artwork in Itunes it corrects it in my Ipod after the next sync, but ultimately I will come across another / different 10-20 song thats not matching the cover art. It's not effecting anything else including playback, its just annoying.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
best option would be to find an external program to put the album artwork into the mp3 file itself. I do this on my PC and have used mediamonkey and currently MP3 Tag never had any problems in itunes doing it this way

scotty96LSC

macrumors 65816
Oct 24, 2007
Charlotte, NC
best option would be to find an external program to put the album artwork into the mp3 file itself. I do this on my PC and have used mediamonkey and currently MP3 Tag never had any problems in itunes doing it this way
I had that problem once. Took the albums in question off the iPod, synced, added the albums back, synced again and fixed.

HalibutRon

macrumors newbie
Jul 1, 2008
Album Art question of my own

I hope you solve your problem - it really sounds annoying.

It does seem that integrating art into the music files themselves would be less likely to fail this way, though I myself am leery of (in a way) corrupting a nice clean sound file with other media.

Then again, the first thing I do when setting up iTunes for friends and clients is to completely turn off importing into AAC form (preferring much-more-universal mp3 files), so what do I know.

My question is this: I boycott DRM content of any kind, and though I applaud Apple offering DRM-free songs for a higher price, at those rates I can own uncompressed original CDs that I can apply to any personal use, and have 'real' album art and optical-disc backup in the bargain. I'd like to download album art for all the albums I own, but don't want to give out credit card information for a service (purchases within iTunes) that I'll never use.

Can I still get an iTunes account and download album art ?

thanks,

Hal

Kohkane

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
Do you have the SAME exact album art? I've noticed if the album art is slightly different this happens :( I find it mega annoying...

arcadeforest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Do you have the SAME exact album art? I've noticed if the album art is slightly different this happens :( I find it mega annoying...

Yes, if you mean the same art according to album (cut and paste the same file for all songs sharing the same image file). Maybe 300 of my songs were purchased through Itunes while the rest was imported from CDs. It effects both the purchased and nonpurchased. Like I said before it does not effect the playback its just kind of annoying as I have spent alot of time organizing my music and making sure each song has all the information I can put in (art, name, artist, year, tracks, lyrics, etc.). Besides one of the cool things about the touch is having that big beautiful screen to look at and its kind of a let down when you have Van Halen playing and your looking at an album cover for the Smiths.

Beyond this I have to say I love the touch.

Kohkane

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
Yes, if you mean the same art according to album (cut and paste the same file for all songs sharing the same image file). Maybe 300 of my songs were purchased through Itunes while the rest was imported from CDs. It effects both the purchased and nonpurchased. Like I said before it does not effect the playback its just kind of annoying as I have spent alot of time organizing my music and making sure each song has all the information I can put in (art, name, artist, year, tracks, lyrics, etc.). Besides one of the cool things about the touch is having that big beautiful screen to look at and its kind of a let down when you have Van Halen playing and your looking at an album cover for the Smiths.

Beyond this I have to say I love the touch.
Yes but i mean does each song have the same album art for the album? or is one slightly different from the rest?

arcadeforest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Yes but i mean does each song have the same album art for the album? or is one slightly different from the rest?

Yes, each one is exactly the same for a particular album (if I have all the songs for the album or just a few, each song has the identical artwork in the artwork portion of the get info section for the song). The mixup even occurs on purchased songs.

Kohkane

macrumors 6502a
Jun 10, 2008
Yes, each one is exactly the same for a particular album (if I have all the songs for the album or just a few, each song has the identical artwork in the artwork portion of the get info section for the song). The mixup even occurs on purchased songs.

Hmmm, Try turning off automatic syncing and then remove the songs with mixed up album art from ur ipod and manually drag and drop them

arcadeforest

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Hmmm, Try turning off automatic syncing and then remove the songs with mixed up album art from ur ipod and manually drag and drop them

I'll give it a try. It might be a while before I post back the results as it will most likely fix the offending songs but usually another small batch will get mixed up and the only way I will find it is by actually playing a mixed up song in my ipod. I'll update if I come across a mixup. Thanks for the suggestions.

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
I'd like to download album art for all the albums I own, but don't want to give out credit card information for a service (purchases within iTunes) that I'll never use.

Can I still get an iTunes account and download album art ?

the album art is free, no credit cards required, just right click on a track or album tracks right click and get album artwork (or something to them effects) and it will auto look for the artwork.

Gix1k

macrumors 68040
Jun 16, 2008
the album art is free, no credit cards required, just right click on a track or album tracks right click and get album artwork (or something to them effects) and it will auto look for the artwork.

I tried this and it does nothing...I am signed into iTunes Store

andybno1

Suspended
Nov 6, 2007
Liverpool, UK
google album name followed by cd cover and look on google images and then just right click on the image for the album click copy then in itunes right click on the songs then where the album artwork box is right click and paste and then click ok and iTunes "should" ass the artwork to the track and appear on yout ipod when you sync

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.