PDA

View Full Version : A question about lost photos with iView Media Pro ...

igmolinav
Jul 1, 2008, 04:15 PM
Hi,

In the Finder, I have a folder under the name "Fotos" where I have seven "rolls" or archives with the ending ".ivc"

Out of these seven archives two of them were lost, (one gone with the computer's hard drive, and the other one perhaps gone by mistake one night that I was very tired). I can still see the "mini pictures" but if I want to double click and see the "bigger picture", the program tells me that the data is "not available". My first question for you would be, if I can see the "mini pictures", is it also possible somehow to restore the lost data so I can see the "bigger pictures", (I had there some cool pictures from a very nice trip) ??

As I mentioned, I have five other orchives with the ending ".ivc". How do I store them away in my external hard drive but in .jpg format. I wonder if one can go from ".ivc" to .jpg.

The idea for me in the future, is also to be able to copy back these archives or photos back into my computer and then be able to open them and manage them only with iPhoto.

Thank you very much in advance for your kind advice,

igmolinav

teleromeo
Jul 1, 2008, 04:23 PM
have a look at how big the .ivc files are. There is a chance these files only contain referral to the .jpg files stored elswhere on your hard disk. If they are not very large, try to find jpg's with spotlight or another tool.