Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

A new video teaser of upcoming iPhone game Rolando has been posted at TouchArcade. Few details are provided, but the game is described as a physics-based platform/puzzler which has been designed from the ground up for the iPhone. The Youtube Video is impressive.

The game will be the first official game from Handcircus. The developer is hoping to deliver it by late July/early August.

Some have compared the game to Sony's Loco Roco for the PSP.

Article Link

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
somehow the music makes this trailer/teaser.

arn

wildcardd

macrumors 6502a
Mar 26, 2007
Denver, CO
It does appear to be very similar to Loco Roco. I loved that game on the PSP. Now it makes me want Loco Roco on the iPhone. Using the accelerometer to control the loco rocos would be great.

sebimeyer

macrumors member
Jul 16, 2002
It does appear to be very similar to Loco Roco. I loved that game on the PSP. Now it makes me want Loco Roco on the iPhone. Using the accelerometer to control the loco rocos would be great.

I second that wholehartedly! For now, from what I can see in this trailer, I would call this quite a blatant rip off. The Loco Roco people should be pissed as their quite distinct graphical style is blatantly copied here.

Doesnt mean the game is bad though.

adamerr

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2008
I second that wholehartedly! For now, from what I can see in this trailer, I would call this quite a blatant rip off. The Loco Roco people should be pissed as their quite distinct graphical style is blatantly copied here.

i agree.
ripped off.
see how the enemies are virtually the same as in Loco Roco lol.

zombitronic

macrumors 65816
Feb 9, 2007

I agree on both points.

Unless Sony releases Loco Roco first, Handcircus might make a fistful of dollars off this clone.

And yes, the music is catchy. Sounds like something you'd hear in an iPod commercial, which is even more effective here. Anyone know the song?

Surely

Oct 27, 2007
Los Angeles, CA
Awesome!! Loco Roco is/was my favorite game for PSP. I didn't think that I'd buy any games, but I think that Rolando will be my first game purchase for my iPhone.

locoroco-55734.266344.jpg

macduke

macrumors G5
Jun 27, 2007
TOUCHARCADE! That was it. I couldn't think of it earlier. Looks like you took my advice, arn, by advertising it more. I bet many of us will become addicted to it with time and all the crazy games that will be coming to the iPhone.

I wish you would make a version which has all iPhone APPS related news. I know there isn't a ton now, but I do enjoy the TUAW feature that they have a few times a week where they post all the new iPhone apps that were announced over the past few days. Hmmm...on second thought, maybe I will start that site myself.......

arn

macrumors god
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
I wish you would make a version which has all iPhone APPS related news.

not sure how exciting a full site on every app would be. we'll certainly highlight the best apps here on the iphone subsection @ macrumors. I think games, though, have a life of their own, and think people are interested in games in more excruciating detail.

I'll promote touch arcade a little more once the app store actually launches.

arn

illitrate23

macrumors 6502a
Jun 11, 2004
uk
this game looks brilliant
there's something amazingly addictive about the quite simple gameplay of LocoRoco and this game looks to have much the same
just hope they haven't over-complicated it by adding too many other mechanics to make use of the touch interface to interact with scenery items

rockstarjoe

macrumors 6502a
Jun 2, 2006
washington dc
This game really looks like fun. I don't play a lot of games and don't plan on buying many, but something like this could definitely make it's way onto my phone.

bytethese

macrumors 68030
Jun 20, 2007
somehow the music makes this trailer/teaser.

arn

Seriously, I loved the music in the background. If they can only incorporate it in the game! Now if the game is $9.99 or less, I'm so there, looks interesting!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.