PDA

View Full Version : Bought Refurb iPod: Box & Screen Align Question

cosmokanga2
Jul 1, 2008, 10:42 PM
Well, I just purchased my first iPod and couldn't be happier. Love it!

Question 1:
I though that refurb iPods came in either a brown box or the retail box, however mine came in a white box about the size of 6 CD cases with iPod and Apple Certified written on it. Is this usually or is this something new?

Question 2:
When I started it up, I checked everything; ports, click wheel, back plate and screen. When looking at the screen I noticed it seemed to be ever so slightly tilted to the left. I would say about a 6 pixel difference between top and bottom in distance from the screen border. Is this normal as I also found the same issue on another iPod nano.? It doesn't bother me, but I'm just curios.

Simple questions that I hope you guys came answer. Thanks!

Hmm
Jul 2, 2008, 09:21 PM
I've never bought a refurb nano, but the refurb iPod 4G and Shuffle I bought both came in brown boxes. It might be something new though.

The tilted screen on the nano is, unfortunately, a rather well-known issue in the nano community. There's a very large thread on the Apple Support Boards about it:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1123662&tstart=330

So far, it doesn't look like Apple has addressed it.

mosx
Jul 2, 2008, 11:22 PM
I've never bought a refurb nano, but the refurb iPod 4G and Shuffle I bought both came in brown boxes. It might be something new though.

The tilted screen on the nano is, unfortunately, a rather well-known issue in the nano community. There's a very large thread on the Apple Support Boards about it:

http://discussions.apple.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1123662&tstart=330

So far, it doesn't look like Apple has addressed it.

Yeah, an aligned screen for the iPod nano will probably be a "new feature" in the 4G nano.

I bought a 3G 8GB iPod nano the day that particular Apple store got them in stock. It had a tilted screen. Had Apple replace it. Second one came back with a tilted screen. Waited a couple of months to see if Apple fixed it. Got the second one replaced. The third iPod nano still had a tilted screen. On the bright side the serial number indicated it was manufactured the same week it showed up on my door step, so I kept it. I figured if they hadn't gotten it fixed by then they probably didn't intend to at all.

cosmokanga2
Jul 3, 2008, 01:10 AM
Hey thanks. The screen doesn't bother me so I'll stick with it. I'll post pic of the box soon too.