Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jonathan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
los angeles
ok so i have crossover installed running counter strike source and day of defeat source its been working fina for the past week then a couple of hours ago i tried to open cs:s and there was no sound i checked everything from console to the settings i tried restarting my imac but still no luck if any one can help it would be much appreciated.thank u

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Plz I Need Help With Getting Css To Work On Crossover
Two suggestions.

One: Please use some punctuation so it is easier to understand what you need help with.

Two: Do yourself a favor and either get VMware or Parallels, install Windows XP or Vista, and be happy. Crossover is okay, but there are many issues such as what you have discovered.

Also, be advised that on MacRumors we do not discuss ways to get around copy protection or how to acquire software, via downloads, that you do not own.

Wild-Bill

macrumors 68030
Jan 10, 2007
bleep
Uggh... :rolleyes::rolleyes: Please use proper punctuation (i.e. complete sentences, no run-on sentences) and capitalization of letters only when necessary. Reading your post is painful.

And buy VMware Fusion and ditch Crossover.

1ncr3du10u5

macrumors member
May 16, 2007
Why hate Apple because you chose an imperfect way of playing Windows games or is it because Apple isn't Windows?

Knox

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 1, 2002
UK
Also, be advised that on MacRumors we do not discuss ways to get around copy protection or how to acquire software, via downloads, that you do not own.

Steam is a legitimate download service provided by the game publisher.

sargent bannana

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
mac + gaming = EH!
windows + gaming = YES!

another reason is YOU DONT USE crossover USE boot camp or VM WARE
especially css a windows only game macs just aint gaming machines

nagromme

macrumors G5
May 2, 2002
mac + gaming = EH!
windows + gaming = YES!

another reason is YOU DONT USE crossover USE boot camp or VM WARE
especially css a windows only game macs just aint gaming machines

Don't use VMware for gaming. Minimal 3D support. If you want to game, then Crossover is a "maybe" and Boot Camp is a "yes."

(Except that my Mac IS a gaming machine, and does NOT play games in Windows :) Which means, of course, no CSS for me.)

VMWare and Parallels are superior to Boot Camp for many NON-gaming tasks of course.

jonathan92

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 2, 2008
los angeles
i know boot camp would be the best choice but last time i tried doing boot camp i messed up my hard drive and the apple store had to install a new one and ever since that i cant do any software updates form apple so im stuck on 10.5.2 plus do u think if i took in my mac the apple store would help me with installinhg windows on my mac:)thanxz for all the replies

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.