Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

asdfTT123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Hi everyone, I have the opportunity to purchase a new 8GB iPod touch for only $235. The question is, should I take this offer? If I get it I would be using it primarily for it's wireless and internet browser capabilities. I don't plan on putting too much music or video on this thing. What else can I use it for and will there be upcoming software for the iPod Touch? Also, should I look out for any new revisions of the hardware soon? Thanks.

dark-saito

macrumors regular
Not sure if it counts as hardware, but iPhone 2.0 is being released for the iPod Touch, does stuff like give more secure net, and access to the app store. I suppose that would suffice for anything you plan on doing besides music- games, organizers and i believe they even have a free aim app for it :D

linden

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2008
When I first got my Ipod touch I dident have very much music. Maybe like 40 songs and like 5 videos. But the screen is so beutiful I had to find videos just to put on there it watch. Just becouse it looks awesome! Surfing the net on it is unbeliveible! Webpages are desplay as they do on your PC or MAc. Please get one you won't regret it!!!

LeahM

macrumors 6502a
Mar 18, 2008
I love my iPod. I actually switched from hotmail to gmail because I can have my email go straight to my iPod. I surf slot but I also use it as my main mp3 player. Its a great little machine. But personally I had an 8gb and after watching movies I needed a larger capacity one so now I have a 32gb

Xavier

macrumors demi-god
Mar 23, 2006
Columbus
I tend to use my iPod Touch more as a PDA then listening to music. I constantly find myself needing Safari to look something up, notes to write a quick reminder or keep a phone number, iCal for my busy schedule, and having it jailbroken allows me to plat THTouch to catch up on my poker skills. :)

Also I have just aobut 2500 songs on it for when I want to listen to music. The iPod Touch is well worth it, and you will not regret it one bit.

sargent bannana

macrumors member
Jun 12, 2008
u will not regret

BUY IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
you cant give up an offer like that

-George:apple:

asdfTT123

macrumors regular
Original poster
Nov 1, 2007
Thanks guys...I will probably pick this up. Do you guys think 8GB is enough if I don't intend to do serious movie watching and if I only plan to upload ~3-4GBish of music onto there?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.