Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AL3K5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
ugh.... i have a 16 gig ipod touch version 1.1.4 and i tried to hack it using ziphone 2.6.... the first time i did it... it worked but every time i tried to open installer on my touch it would freeze up... so then i tried to re-do the hack but under advanced features... and it was halfway through the process and now its like on the command prompt looping this message:
BSD root: mg0, major 2, minor 0
helpp pleasseeeee

nintendude

macrumors 6502
Jan 17, 2008
NY
hold both the button on the top and the home button until the apple logo reappears. then release the home button but continue holding the top button. your ipod should then be in recovery mode. just connect to iTunes and i think that you should use a different program like iJailbreak since what happened to you happened to me and changing a program fixed it

AL3K5

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 3, 2008
k thank you soo much.... so you used ijailbreak.... which version is yours?

happyduke93

macrumors newbie
Jul 4, 2008
Great Tip,

I was sweating as i had the same problem with my wife's itouch. I was too eager to jailbreak it and she was mad for a few days :mad: Luckily after following your advice ,everything is back to normal. Thanks a lot:)

djjoja

macrumors member
Mar 15, 2008
I used iLiberty to jailbreak iPod Touch 1.1.4.
It's really easy, and really fast! :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.