Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ipodtouchftw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I have a full signal and it says im connected to the network, but on the top left of my ipod it doesnt show the the signal strength and i cant use the internet. how can i fix this???

aosman

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2008
Depending on how your wireless network is set up, you might have to manually change the TCP/IP settings. Also, it might mean your signal is weak, even though at times it shows a full signal bar.

ipodtouchftw

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
but im sitting right next to the router :(. what should i do with the TCP/IP settings?

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
I have a full signal and it says im connected to the network, but on the top left of my ipod it doesnt show the the signal strength and i cant use the internet. how can i fix this???

If it doesn't show the signal strength then how can you tell it has full signal to begin with? Or are you going with the indicator on the Wi Fi settings screen? If it says you're connected (on the Settings screen it should list the network you're connect to, and on the Wi Fi screen there will be a tick next to the network you're connected to) then it is very odd if the signal indicator isn't appearing in the top left corner.

JAT

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2001
Mpls, MN
Reset the router. And maybe turn off/on your iPod, too.

If you don't have the meter symbol showing, it generally means you have no connection. Unless you've used Customize or something and messed with things.

But reseting the router is always my first troubleshooting step. Clears up so many bizarre problems...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.