Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
I just restored my iPod after the battery was showing an incorrect charge. Right after I restored it, I started to rearrange my icons. The jiggling froze, so I rebooted. When it booted back up, the Apple logo showed up with no backlight and then went to the "connect to iTunes" logo. When I connected, it asked me to restore. It stayed on "Preparing to restore" for a minute or two, and then threw up the error message below. I've tried all the known solutions, including downgrading the firmware, but nothing works. What should I do?

Attachments

• Picture 1.png
    Picture 1.png
    25.2 KB · Views: 60

davidy

macrumors 6502
Jan 28, 2008
If you tried all the known solutions and it didn't work, your only recourse is to take to the nearest Apple Store.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
Turn on ipod --> Press and hold Home+Sleep (for very long) --> iPod goes to sleep --> Keep holding Home+Sleep --> iPod Wakes up again --> bang... The screen that ask you to plugin your ipod to itunes.

thesdx

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 12, 2007
Turn on ipod --> Press and hold Home+Sleep (for very long) --> iPod goes to sleep --> Keep holding Home+Sleep --> iPod Wakes up again --> bang... The screen that ask you to plugin your ipod to itunes.

I've done that, and just about every other solution, but nothing works.

EDIT: It seems to be working now. I managed to get it restored, though my battery is still extremely low. Hopefully, it doesn't do this to me again.

dagored

macrumors 65816
Sep 18, 2007
Florida
I should have told you it takes a couple tries sometime and now I would let it charge for at least 6-8 hours. If the battery dies then, take it back. It is still under warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.