PDA

View Full Version : More then one?

TXCraig
Jul 5, 2008, 12:06 PM
I love my 160 GB ATV but I would really like one in the bedroom. Any problems in installing more then one on the same iTunes account? Do rented movies go to both boxes? I was thinking about just getting a 40 GB for the bed room since it does just such a good job of moving the data around on its own.

Is there anything I need to know?

Thanks.

Kurfer
Jul 5, 2008, 03:19 PM
I love my 160 GB ATV but I would really like one in the bedroom. Any problems in installing more then one on the same iTunes account? Do rented movies go to both boxes? I was thinking about just getting a 40 GB for the bed room since it does just such a good job of moving the data around on its own.

Is there anything I need to know?

Thanks.

I have two, thinking about buying two more very soon. I only stream my library off a dedicated mac mini and no problems associated with that.

Cave Man
Jul 5, 2008, 04:09 PM
Do rented movies go to both boxes?

Movies rented using an ATV remain on that ATV (i.e., you can't move it to another one). If you rent from iTunes on your computer, you can move it to either ATV so long as it's the same iTunes account.

Rooskibar03
Jul 6, 2008, 12:17 PM
I've got 3 of them running from one computer. Its a G wireless iMac so the speed is okay for 2 of them at a time, but me streaming to both at once is rare.

I keep all the kids movies downstairs and my stuff up. Works great.