PDA

View Full Version : Deleting podcasts

Howard Brazee
Jul 5, 2008, 03:02 PM
I have been catching up on podcasts, and those that I wish to save, I have been rating as I listen to them. (I don't want them auto-deleting until I have listened to them and given them a "don't keep" rating.

To clear up space, I decided to delete the others. I created a smart playlist of podcasts with rating < 3 but play count > 0. I then selected them all, changed their artist and genre to "delete me".

Then I checked Music - not there. Then I checked Podcasts, and clicked on genre to re-sort. "Genre" is greyed out, I cannot sort by genre. I right clicked on a "delete me" podcast, and found that I didn't have a "delete" option anyway.

I can change the auto-delete setting of them one at a time, but that's not an efficient way to clear up space.

What's a better way to delete these podcasts?

icecold0913
Jul 5, 2008, 06:05 PM
clicking on them, and pressing "delete":rolleyes:

Howard Brazee
Jul 5, 2008, 06:39 PM
clicking on them, and pressing "delete":rolleyes:

I've got hundreds of them. I can delete a hundred music entries at a time with no problem, I haven't figured out how to do that with podcasts.

mariotheotaku
Jul 5, 2008, 11:26 PM
have you tried to go to the podcast folder in itunes and dragging them to the trash?

Howard Brazee
Jul 6, 2008, 09:05 AM
have you tried to go to the podcast folder in itunes and dragging them to the trash?

That's what I figured I would do when I renamed some of the fields. But the next step would be to sort them, so I could select the whole bunch of "delete me" podcasts at once.

But I don't seem to be able to sort them in that folder, and I don't seem to be able to delete them from a smart play list.

So I'm back to deleting them one by one.

icecold0913
Jul 7, 2008, 01:08 AM
I think you're out of luck:(

The only thing I see making it easier is to ctrl+click (if you're on windows) every "delete me" podcast and then delete them all at once, although I know it's a lot.

It's stupid that you can only sort podcasts by release date.