Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darkpixie08

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 6, 2006
Do you use director or actors or the name of the film? Any particular reason? Just trying to decide the best method for organizing my movies. Thanks!

Dont42Panic

macrumors newbie
Feb 23, 2008
Jeffersonville, IN
I also do directors. If I were to put actors I know I would end up putting a ton of people because I love a lot of bit actors, would just be way too much clutter. Besides with directors, for the most part, you can get a general idea of the feel of a movie. For example, Michael Bay = action, Farrelley Brothers = comedy, M. Night Shamalamadingdong = suspense.

Vagrant Pistol

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2007
New Jersey
this is how you do it nische!

Do you use director or actors or the name of the film? Any particular reason? Just trying to decide the best method for organizing my movies. Thanks!

As the artist I put the main actor. I use composer for the director. Than I use foreign or teaser posters for the artwork, never the DVD cover or original poster. I like to see something different for the art work. I already own the DVD artwork...plus the dvd artwork is usually boring and bland compared to the movie poster from other countries.;):D:apple:...and that's how you do it nische!! ....I added some pics of some posters that are in my library.:apple:

Attachments

• IMG00077.jpg
    IMG00077.jpg
    581.4 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG00079.jpg
    IMG00079.jpg
    628.6 KB · Views: 90

Vagrant Pistol

macrumors member
Nov 5, 2007
New Jersey
library pics

...here some pics of the library:apple:

srri for the bad pic quality. Using my phone

Attachments

• IMG00082.jpg
    IMG00082.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG00083.jpg
    IMG00083.jpg
    440.5 KB · Views: 63

matthutch

macrumors regular
Jul 26, 2004
Perth, Western Australia
I put the movie studio (universal, warner bro, etc).

What do movies bought in iTunes have under artist?

I do this too, always the Studio for me. I also always put in the Poster's off the net (http://www.impawards.com/ to be exact) I usually try to match them to the DVD covers, but a lot of the time the teaser posters are so much better :)

The movie's I have purchased through iTunes have nothing in the Artist field, just Title and Genre.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.