Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

shmeargan21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
Alright I have an Ipod Touch and 477 songs on my itunes and 477 dongs that used to be on my ipod touch. Well today I plugged it in to get my new (updated) songs on there. It did the normal thing, it started syncing, but then when it was done, I looked on my ipod to make sure they were on there but it said there were 0!!!!! songs:eek:??? I dont buy my music from apple, I download it off of limewire or frostwire, and I think this might be the problem. but when I plugg my ipod in it shows a exclamation mark (!) next to all the songs? So does anyone no how to get my music back on there?

David G.

macrumors 65816
Apr 10, 2007
Alaska
The problem is that you most likely moved the songs on your hard drive without "letting" iTunes know. Delete all of the references in your iTunes library and reimport them to it.

shmeargan21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 11, 2008
The problem is that you most likely moved the songs on your hard drive without "letting" iTunes know. Delete all of the references in your iTunes library and reimport them to it.
alright so how will I transfer all my music? cause when i try, the music automatically becomes corrupted

Ivan P

macrumors 68030
Jan 17, 2008
Home
alright so how will I transfer all my music? cause when i try, the music automatically becomes corrupted

You can go File -> Import and find the new location of the track, but that will be time consuming as you have hundreds of tracks.
You could always just copy the tracks, leaving the originals in the iTunes folder rather than moving them all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.