PDA

View Full Version : app store/iTunes card

macfanboy
Jul 6, 2008, 12:40 PM
will the apps on the app store be able to be purchased with an iTunes card, or do you have to use a credit card?

marykay9507
Jul 6, 2008, 12:41 PM
good question-- i would hope that since you can buy everything else with a card (correct me if i am wrong), you will be able to purchase apps--

dalvin200
Jul 6, 2008, 12:51 PM
i assume the app store would work the same as the music/video store -ie, you should be able to use gift cards etc..

projectle
Jul 6, 2008, 12:54 PM
I just love those gift cards.

Whenever I go to Costco, I usually pick a couple up and just use them myself. The whole idea of getting a $50 gift card for $40 is pretty awesome.

macfanboy
Jul 6, 2008, 01:00 PM
I just love those gift cards.

Whenever I go to Costco, I usually pick a couple up and just use them myself. The whole idea of getting a $50 gift card for $40 is pretty awesome.

Haha that's what I do also

aethelbert
Jul 6, 2008, 01:04 PM
Looks like I need to go to Costco and look for those next time.

sgtboy
Jul 6, 2008, 02:37 PM
I bought the JSU 20$ update apps with an itunes card, so yes the one on friday will be the same

a104375
Jul 6, 2008, 03:07 PM
will the apps on the app store be able to be purchased with an iTunes card, or do you have to use a credit card?

you should be able to unless they changed something. I used a iTunes card to buy my january update

macfanboy
Jul 6, 2008, 04:15 PM
I bought the JSU 20$ update apps with an itunes card, so yes the one on friday will be the same

i bought the January SU with an itunes card, and i know the July SU will work with itunes, but im talking about apps in the app store

sgtboy
Jul 6, 2008, 04:32 PM
Oh sorry,

Seeing as you can buy Wifi tunes from your touch using itunes cards, i would HIGHLY think that apps can be bought in the same manner

Dayron14
Jul 6, 2008, 04:51 PM
Looks like I need to go to Costco and look for those next time.

lol im gonna have to go to Costco too!:D

AceFernalld
Jul 9, 2008, 01:47 AM
Yes, Apps are purchased through your iTunes Account balance (if without credit card). You can obviously add money to your Account Balance by purchasing iTunes Gift Cards.

macfanboy
Jul 9, 2008, 08:41 AM
Yes, Apps are purchased through your iTunes Account balance (if without credit card). You can obviously add money to your Account Balance by purchasing iTunes Gift Cards.

woot