Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hyperpiper45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Canada
Hi,

I have searched for an answer for this for ages and tried a number of different things but am yet to get it working.

From what i understand the video is fine, its just the audio that needs re-encoding to something like 2.1 aac. I tried to use quicktime to re-encode the audio and used a passthrough on the video which i thought would make a playable mp4. However when i try and play the file it says unsupported data.

From reading around people say that the ps3 does not like something about quicktimes h.264 codec or something and this is the problem.

Does anyone know how i can get this to work. I don't want to do a long re-encode just re-encode the audio. Ideally i would like something like MKV2VOB for the pc which works brilliantly but i don't have a pc.

Thanks

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
You would have much better luck if looked for help in a PS3 forum rather than one specifically for the AppleTV.

fishkorp

macrumors 68030
Apr 10, 2006
Ellicott City, MD
There is currently nothing simple on the Mac. I have VMWare with XP installed just for using these types of programs. Either MKV2VOB or PS3Video9 work great and fast. If you have an Intel Mac, I'd recommend BootCamp/VMWare/Parallels for these tools. Or beg the author to port it :)

hyperpiper45

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 11, 2007
Calgary, Canada
You would have much better luck if looked for help in a PS3 forum rather than one specifically for the AppleTV.

I thought that because many people would have to convert mkv's to get them working with apple tv them may be more likely to know.

There is currently nothing simple on the Mac. I have VMWare with XP installed just for using these types of programs. Either MKV2VOB or PS3Video9 work great and fast. If you have an Intel Mac, I'd recommend BootCamp/VMWare/Parallels for these tools. Or beg the author to port it :)

Hmm unfortunatly i thought this might be the case. I did have vmware installed and it did work, however it took up way to much space on my harddrive. Looks like an upgrade to 320GB is on the cards then.

northy124

macrumors 68020
Nov 18, 2007
MKV2Vob is all you need but you don't have a PC so your screwed (If you want MKV2Vob) unless crossover works with it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.