PDA

View Full Version : Playlists and Podcasts have all disappeared

Argelius
Jul 7, 2008, 12:01 PM
Yesterday, my iTunes playlists and podcasts were intact. Today, when I turned on my computer (MacBook Pro) and launched iTunes, all my playlists and Podcasts have disappeared. As far as I know, all my songs are still there (I've got ~5000).

Can anyone speculate why/how this happens?

I've searched the forums and have found a few mentions of how to restore the iTunes library (from a Time Machine backup or elsewhere). However, I'm curious if anyone can speculate why this happens?

sevngang
Jul 8, 2008, 10:51 AM
did your computer run the most recent Leopard update?
I did the update the other day and not only lost my podcasts and playlists but my movies and all my music after the A's. It has been a long couple days linking 30gb of music back in to ITunes.

Argelius
Jul 9, 2008, 05:08 AM
did your computer run the most recent Leopard update?
I did the update the other day and not only lost my podcasts and playlists but my movies and all my music after the A's. It has been a long couple days linking 30gb of music back in to ITunes.

I did do the update, but my Playlist/Podcast problem happened several days after what seemed to be a successful update...

Michael CM1
Jul 9, 2008, 06:33 AM
1) See if your podcasts still physically exist. There's a folder in your iTunes Music folder called "Podcasts." See if the files are there.

2) iTunes 7.7 comes out Friday. Before doing anything, I'd wait for that update and see if it fixes anything.