PDA

View Full Version : AT&T store, Hadley/Amherst, Mass.

williamsonrg
Jul 7, 2008, 06:43 PM
Anybody going to be at the AT&T store in the Amherst area Friday morning? Much more convenient for me than the Holyoke Apple Store. Not sure how long/early the line will be... All the UMass students are gone, but the professors and folks left all have a lot of free time on their hands...

SeltsamNaivling
Jul 9, 2008, 02:09 AM
I'll be there.

williamsonrg
Jul 10, 2008, 06:28 AM
I'll be there.

I wonder when the line will start forming? Us Macrumors members deserve to be at the front of the line, right?

SeltsamNaivling
Jul 10, 2008, 05:58 PM
I called AT&T and spoke with their manager. She informed me that she is arriving at 6am and expects there to be more people than iPhones (:confused:). She bases that assumption on the amount of phones calls she has received in the past few weeks. I have no idea! But I might try to get there around 6:30-7.

williamsonrg
Jul 11, 2008, 07:54 AM
One of my students convinced me to meet him there at 5 a.m., so I ended up the first person out the door! Now I'm just patiently waiting for my music to finish syncing...

bagelche
Jul 11, 2008, 11:03 AM
I'm interested in hearing reports from other folks in the area. I live an hour away and am looking to make it out over the weekend. but local stories are good!

williamsonrg
Jul 11, 2008, 09:43 PM
I'm interested in hearing reports from other folks in the area. I live an hour away and am looking to make it out over the weekend. but local stories are good!

Well, the AT&T store only got 30 phones in on Friday, and are obviously sold out. The Apple Store may still have some?

I feel very lucky that I didn't have any activation problems. I was in and out in 15 minutes, no fuss! And I am loving my first iPhone! (But that probably goes without saying.)

stefc93
Jun 17, 2010, 09:24 PM
Is anyone going to the Hadley AT&T store on launch day for iPhone 4?