PDA

View Full Version : Question for 8GB Touch owners - is the storage space enough?

asdfTT123
Jul 8, 2008, 11:23 AM
I'm asking because I have a deal with an individual on craigslist who wants to sell his new and unboxed 8GB iPod Touch for $215. I don't plan on putting too much music on this little guy - only 2-4GB max because I don't listen to my entire library. As for movies and shows, maybe just one or two at a time though I don't plan on using it much for that either. I plan on using my iPod Touch mostly for internet, wifi, and PDA capabilities. What concerns me are the size of the apps once the new app store is launched or possible future firmware upgrades - should this be a concern to me if I have about ~3GB of space remaining? Thanks!

bndoarn
Jul 8, 2008, 11:41 AM
i have a 8gb and i have right at 600 songs on it and i can fit two full length movies along with it but i only put movies on it when i want to watch them, otherwise, videos don't get put on it except for 1 video podcast and it plenty of room for me. i think you should have enough of room since you don't want a lot of songs/videos. i would tell you how much empty space i have but my ipod isn't around me right now

aethelbert
Jul 8, 2008, 11:43 AM
Sounds like 8GB will be fine for you.

Shot22
Jul 8, 2008, 01:24 PM
I have an 8 GB iPod Touch with about 300 songs. On top of that, I used to have tons of apps on it (through jailbreaking). Even with the apps, I hadn't used up half the memory. So, I think 8 GB is big enough.

Skullgrabber
Jul 8, 2008, 04:35 PM
I have an 8GB iPod Touch and its plenty for me. I have loads of jailbreak apps and only about 3GB of music along with 1GB of music. And I still have about half of the memory left.

taru91
Jul 8, 2008, 04:47 PM
8gb is A LOT of memory for music and videos.

You can fit a lot of movies depending in the quality.

Maybe there is a program that could change the resolution of a video and lower it to the ipod touch resolution so you can have more movies and stuff.

sam10685
Jul 8, 2008, 05:37 PM
I just bought an 8 gig ipod touch yesterday on amazon... (way excited! although knowing my luck, Apple will update it when i get mine, but oh well. if the new model is good enough, i'll sell this one.) i only listen to about 130 songs but i do rip a lot of DVD's and put them into ipod files... Only one that hasn't worked is No country for old men which is annoying because that's my favorite movie. I think 8 will be plenty. ipod touches are meant for much more than songs or video's though.

natezire71
Jul 8, 2008, 09:47 PM
It's fine for your situation. I have 66 Family Guy Episodes(20-23min long an episode) converted for Premium Quality, and the ENTIRE Transformers movie (Roughly 2hrs and 24min long) converted with Excellent quality.

I also have 208 songs, and 1981 photos.

I still have about 800mb left. I'm saving that for Apps.

You should be fine. ;D