PDA

View Full Version : A Question for BT Broadband Wireless users

Babooshka
Jul 9, 2008, 12:35 AM
Hello. I am sorry if this is in the wrong category, if it is, then tell me and I'll move it.

This is about BT Broadband. Especially their wireless service. I live in Ayr, where I can expect to get about 3Mb/s from any service provider, but on my iMac I can't because my wireless network's reception is very fluctuatable (that's not a real word, I know). I'm pretty sure that it's not the Airport wireless in the iMac, because my sister, brother and mum get variable reception on their Windows laptops.

I was wandering if anybody else had a problem with their BT wireless box thing?

akidd
Jul 11, 2008, 01:33 PM
Like the new word. I don't know about an iMac (ordered mine this afternoon) but the only trouble I've had with by iBook G4 is remembering to make sure the BT Hub is on before I turn on the iBook. Otherwise it sees the network but refuses to connect, even with the WEP password. Download speeds do vary widely though - even at the some times on different days.
I don't think this helps you any but have you tried going into the admin section (click on the logo on your desktop) and changing the channel? I had the same issue in the ofice on PCs which was fine after the channel was changed. From memory we were able to restore it back to the default setting later and all was well.

Just remembered there is an G4 iMac in the ofice - it seems to be fine, but I don't really know as I don't really use it.