PDA

View Full Version : So, what exactly do I do Friday morning?

Metsfan7450
Jul 9, 2008, 12:06 PM
This is my first upgrade with Apple so I'm not exactly sure what to do Friday morning? Do I open iTunes and click on "update?" Where will the app store be located....on the new iTunes? How long does the download typically take?

DeaconGraves
Jul 9, 2008, 12:11 PM
The iTunes update will likely be located in software update. Or you can go into the iTunes menu itself and "Check for Updates".

If you're updating the iPhone, the typical procedure has been to dock it and there will be a button in iTunes to "check for updates" for the phone. You can then download that and install. If you're getting a new iPhone, it will already have the 2.0 software.

The app store, i believe, will be both in iTunes and the new iPhone 2.0 firmware. Download times are subject to your internet speed.

AceFernalld
Jul 9, 2008, 12:14 PM
Sometime Friday you must follow these steps to download the 2.0 Software Upgrade:

Visit http://www.apple.com/itunes/download and download the latest version of iTunes (7.7)
Plug in your iPod or iPhone and after clicking on it in the Devices tab, in the Summary tab click Check For Updates.
Let your computer download the 2.0 Software
After doing so, you will now have to find a link to buy the paid 2.0 Software Upgrade (including the App Store/ additional features) which will be available in the iTunes Store, and a link will be made available somewhere on the Apple website.

Keep in mind that their have also been rumors of iTunes 7.7 and the 2.0 Software Upgrade being released Today, in time for MobileMe.

dpslade14
Jul 9, 2008, 12:47 PM
Does any one have an idea on what time the app store might come out?any rumors? im leaving early Friday on a long car trip and I WAS HOPING to have super monkey ball for the trip.

AceFernalld
Jul 9, 2008, 01:25 PM
Does any one have an idea on what time the app store might come out?any rumors? im leaving early Friday on a long car trip and I WAS HOPING to have super monkey ball for the trip.

I would guess anywhere from 8AM - 5PM PDT July 11th, 2008.

Or, again, there is a possibility of it being released today, which would make sense, seeing as the New Zealand iPhone owners need iTunes 7.7 and they get their iPhones tomorrow at 5AM (PDT).

dpslade14
Jul 9, 2008, 01:37 PM
how likely do you think we will have it today? Also, doesnt New Zealand have their own iTunes that they downlaod? or is there only 1 iTunes?

icecold0913
Jul 9, 2008, 03:06 PM
how likely do you think we will have it today? Also, doesnt New Zealand have their own iTunes that they downlaod? or is there only 1 iTunes?

MobileMe will be released before midnight tonight (not sure if that's eastern or pacific). Apple states that MobileMe requires iTunes 7.7. That combined with the fact that tomorrow starts in New Zealand while we're still on today makes for a very compelling possibility that the new iTunes and App Store will be available late tonight. This rumor is on the front page.

If I were you I would check for updates before going to bed Thursday night if the update has not come by that point. If it's not available then, wake up 30 minutes early on Friday, because it will surely be available by then at the latest. Upgrade iTunes and your Touch while you're getting ready and you'll be ready to go for your trip. You can always make up for getting up early by napping in the car:)

Also, each country has its own iTunes Store, but everybody is issued the same iTunes Application, in which the store runs.

dpslade14
Jul 9, 2008, 04:11 PM
what do you mean by last tonite? mid nite? 1? i hope not 3 or 4