PDA

View Full Version : Santa Monica, CA 3rd Street

KarlWireless
Jul 9, 2008, 02:05 PM
OK let's meetup and do it!

Doctor Q
Jul 9, 2008, 03:01 PM
Please keep us posted, KarlWireless or others who go there. I'm interested in how the lines at Third Street and The Grove will compare.

lasteve
Jul 9, 2008, 05:39 PM
Me too im debating which one I should go to. I've ruled out Century City because I think lines gonna be crazy there.

If anybody is in line at the store can you gives us a heads up of how many people in line, thanks!

janey
Jul 9, 2008, 09:20 PM
I've ruled out Century City because I think lines gonna be crazy there.
Hmm, actually I'm wondering why you think so? If there's a store in LA that's going to be crazy, it's likely to be the grove.

If you're just put off by the number of replies in that thread..well, it might be because it's the first LA store I've seen in this subforum.

lasteve
Jul 9, 2008, 09:34 PM
hmmm you have a good point, I might go to another one then besides the grove. Don't know for sure yet where I'm going I'm so confused LOL

janey
Jul 9, 2008, 09:44 PM
hmmm you have a good point, I might go to another one then besides the grove. Don't know for sure yet where I'm going I'm so confused LOL
Personally I'm going by distance from home and availability of free parking. I figure showing up a few hours early should work, I don't mind waiting so long (after all I did show up at 5am for a fairly disappointing wwdc 2008 keynote).

The other part about going to the grove despite its popularity is that they're probably going to have more phones in stock compared to the rest of the stores in the area.

I don't know. It's really up to you and I don't think it matters that much. Save gas :)

KarlWireless
Jul 10, 2008, 10:57 AM
I'm doing 3rd street....I plan to get there around 3AM. Any takers, let's bring lots of coffee. I'll have a bright RED Tshirt.

jerzeeboyy5
Jul 10, 2008, 02:39 PM
see you there Karl. i plan on getting there around 10-11 PM tonight doing the whole over night thing... hopefully line won't be too bad!

KarlWireless
Jul 10, 2008, 02:56 PM
You can see it NOW only by direct link

http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewRoom?fcId=285119007&id=25204&mt=8

mightymike107
Jul 11, 2008, 04:21 AM
anybody out there yet? what time to go, what time to go, hmmm....

jerzeeboyy5
Jul 11, 2008, 05:09 AM
you should come now...
or asap.
there are about 50 people in line.

mightymike107
Jul 11, 2008, 05:16 AM
aghhhh, bummer. i wasn't planning on that. i guess i'll head over sooner rather than later.

KarlWireless
Jul 11, 2008, 01:05 PM
you should come now...
or asap.
there are about 50 people in line.

got it! just can't activate it! arg!

HardHatMac9
Jul 11, 2008, 01:12 PM
got it! just can't activate it! arg!

So at 3AM PST there were 50 people in line at the store in Santa Monica?

fumanchu
Jul 11, 2008, 02:06 PM
Just FYI, I walked past the Apple Store on 3rd street about 15 minutes ago (11:50am) and there are hundreds of people in a line that goes all the way down the block to the end of the promenade, with new people still actively joining.

naco
Jun 19, 2009, 12:26 AM
Alright boys and girls, bringing this one to the top of the heap. I'm gonna be there at about 5AM-ish since they are opening at 7am. I wonder how many people are actually going to do the Santa Monica store since this thread is so darn short. Well I'll see you people there if ANYONE ends up going. I'll be there in a gray long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans. Most likely playing poker on my sidekick to pass the time :p

BTW, if I look tired, that's because I'm not going to sleep. No use anyway :rolleyes:.

patd9000
Jun 19, 2009, 12:59 AM
Alright boys and girls, bringing this one to the top of the heap. I'm gonna be there at about 5AM-ish since they are opening at 7am. I wonder how many people are actually going to do the Santa Monica store since this thread is so darn short. Well I'll see you people there if ANYONE ends up going. I'll be there in a gray long sleeve shirt and a pair of jeans. Most likely playing poker on my sidekick to pass the time :p

BTW, if I look tired, that's because I'm not going to sleep. No use anyway :rolleyes:.

I'll be there too! Same time... (5-ish) I'll wear jeans, a strange knit beenie, and a dark green coat... a little too warm looking for SoCal. ;)
And a back-pack.
See you sleepy kids soon!
-Pat D.

naco
Jun 19, 2009, 01:24 AM
I'll be there too! Same time... (5-ish) I'll wear jeans, a strange knit beenie, and a dark green coat... a little too warm looking for SoCal. ;)
And a back-pack.
See you sleepy kids soon!
-Pat D.

OOO! Backpack, good call. I'm feeling a 7-11 run before I get there :D

naco
Jun 19, 2009, 07:50 AM
Alright I'm sitting right outside the store and there is hardly anyone here right now!!! So anyone looking to get one, come get in line now and you will be one of the first to get it at 10am!! Post back later!

naco
Jun 16, 2010, 12:46 AM
Well I pre ordered mine today. I was one of the lucky ones to get it to go through before they ran out. I was pleasantly surprised a few days ago when I called and got the txt back that I applied for the full discounted price with just a $18 upgrade fee, even though I got my 3G S on launch day (as you can see).

So I'll be there QUITE early. Possibly 2-3AM maybe midnight if I see tons of people camping out the night before.

32GB iPhone 4....this is going to be fun :cool: