PDA

View Full Version : I can (eventually) provide you lots more song detail

mainstreetmark
Dec 15, 2003, 08:26 PM
Hey arn/Group -

Moments ago, I submitted my new project website to macbytes, which should hopefully get a lot of people to upload their library (not files, of course) to an online database I made.

I've created, kind of with dailytunes.com in mind, an XML dump you could hook into. Given a title, an artist or both, it returns lots of statistics, such as how popular the song is in real life, or how often it has been played. As the database grows, the stats I could mine from the data will also grow.

Hopefully, you'll find it useful, and i welcome your feedback.

http://www.itunesregistry.com/feed

Mudbug
Dec 15, 2003, 10:28 PM
I registered, then tried to upload my itunes library to your database, and got this:
insert into stats set date='2003-12-15' , artists='6538' , albums='6488' , tracks='72128' , genres='378' , users='34' , tracky='paularms (10,917)' , artisty='paularms (1,153)' , genrey='mikey8270 (112)' , mostsong='Stairway to Heaven/Led Zeppelin (21)' , mostartist='The Beatles (1,486)' , mostgenre='Rock (13,891)'
Warning: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at /home/markwebs/itunesregistry.com/db_connect.php:82) in /home/markwebs/itunesregistry.com/user/upload.php on line 73

any ideas?

mainstreetmark
Dec 16, 2003, 11:20 AM
yes, dammit. last minute debug info I forgot to remove...

I violated the first rule of software development. Don't make code changes the day before release.