Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Duke Leto

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
So I am creating files with empty methods to prototype a new application. Thus, there is no 'real code', just the necessary delegate methods . Everything else is just comments in pseudo-code.

Still, I get this error:

Picture1-2.png

I never even created a file with an extension of ".o"

admanimal

macrumors 68040
Apr 22, 2005
So I am creating files with empty methods to prototype a new application. Thus, there is no 'real code', just the necessary delegate methods . Everything else is just comments in pseudo-code.

Still, I get this error:

Picture1-2.png

.o files are object code files that the compiler creates from your source code. Did you import all of the necessary header files to cover everything you have mentioned in your code so far?

Duke Leto

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 17, 2008
Well I thought of something:

Does an object need to be "connected"? This particular class has not yet been used by other classes nor does it use other classes. Its just two files.

Other than that.. I think I have everything. What do I need to use CGRectZero other than UIKit.h?

Enuratique

macrumors 6502
Apr 28, 2008

Still, I get this error:

Picture1-2.png

I've run into the exact same problem, created a post about it, and got an answer.

You need to add a reference to CoreGraphics.framework to your project references.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.