PDA

View Full Version : Anyone Seen A Full Streaming Radio App? (Found it: Tuner)

ViRGE
Jul 10, 2008, 05:23 AM
This is going to sound lazy, but I've thumbed through some 25 pages of applications looking for a streaming radio application. All I've come across so far are Pandora and AOL Radio, which for obvious reasons are locked to their respective services. I swear to Jobs that one of the developers had committed to getting a full streaming radio app out in time for the launch, but with half of these apps being given nonsense names I can't find jack (and Jill's pretty lost too).

So to cut to the chase, I don't suppose anyone has found said streaming radio app?

Fontenette Yo!
Jul 10, 2008, 05:31 AM
Only internet radio broadcasts.

That would be "Tuner" under music.

ViRGE
Jul 10, 2008, 05:37 AM
Only internet radio broadcasts.

That would be "Tuner" under music.Aha, found you! I can finally get my DI.fm fix, although it's one of the more expensive apps on the store. This does reinforce what I said about names though, the name doesn't really says what it does; it should have had "radio" or "streaming" in the title somewhere.

Anyhow, thanks Fontenette.

t0mat0
Jul 10, 2008, 05:42 AM
pandora for those in the US. Not exactly radio, but a great thing :)

brandscill
Jul 10, 2008, 05:45 AM
where did you find the pandora one?

t0mat0
Jul 10, 2008, 05:51 AM
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284035177&mt=8 apparently

joemama
Jul 10, 2008, 07:13 AM
This is going to sound lazy, but I've thumbed through some 25 pages of applications looking for a streaming radio application. All I've come across so far are Pandora and AOL Radio, which for obvious reasons are locked to their respective services. I swear to Jobs that one of the developers had committed to getting a full streaming radio app out in time for the launch, but with half of these apps being given nonsense names I can't find jack (and Jill's pretty lost too).

Yeah, I listen to my favorite (radio) station, 90.5 WBER, through iTunes over the Internet. Can I do this on the iPhone? If that's the case, I can FINALLY get it in my car!

Any ideas?

ViRGE
Jul 10, 2008, 08:06 PM
Yeah, I listen to my favorite (radio) station, 90.5 WBER, through iTunes over the Internet. Can I do this on the iPhone? If that's the case, I can FINALLY get it in my car!

Any ideas?I'm assuming it's a shoutcast stream, so I don't see why you wouldn't be able to get it.

gazzer82
Jul 10, 2008, 08:13 PM
Anyone know whether any of the radio apps would work with the BBC Radio streams, which i believe are real audio or wma streams. I am guessing no?

wolfpackfan
Jul 10, 2008, 09:05 PM
For anyone who has purchased Tuner, can you check to see if it plays Shoutcast stations? What about Live365 stations? I sure wish that there was a way you could test out for a day or so the Apps that cost money.

joemama
Jul 11, 2008, 06:37 AM
For anyone who has purchased Tuner, can you check to see if it plays Shoutcast stations? What about Live365 stations? I sure wish that there was a way you could test out for a day or so the Apps that cost money.

Please someone let us know. I don't see how the iPhone would play a stream through iTunes. Is there a mini itunes player on the iPhone?

ViRGE
Jul 11, 2008, 07:05 AM
Tuner plays Shoutcast stations, that much is clear from the description.

badgerman
Jul 11, 2008, 07:21 AM
Cant find tuner in UK app store is it US specific?

SMacDuff
Jul 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
Just purchased and installed Tuner. Seems to work fine but I get the occasional "out of memory" popping up. It didn't seem to mean anything as I was still able to listen to the station. Listening to SKY-FM right now and it sounds fine.

Edit: Seems that this program uses up a lot of memory. After a few minutes of listening, it starts to skip and then shuts down. It doesn't crash, it just stops playing.

ViRGE
Jul 11, 2008, 11:11 PM
So I've finally grabbed firmware 2.0 and Tuner, it's so-so. It works as advertised and it seems stable enough, so I can't complain there. But it doesn't support HTTP-Auth, so I can't use it with DI/Sky Premium service, which is really why I wanted it in the first place.

Furthermore it looks a heck of a lot like iRadio, this worries me because the last iRadio beta ate CPU time like it was going out of style; if it is iRadio and it is still eating a ton of CPU time, it's going to absolutely ravage the battery. Putting a heavy load on the CPU is easily as bad if not worse than constantly running the 3G cellular component. I'll have to take a look at this once the jailbreak is out.

ShiggyMiyamoto
Jul 12, 2008, 05:55 AM
Furthermore it looks a heck of a lot like iRadio, this worries me because the last iRadio beta ate CPU time like it was going out of style; if it is iRadio and it is still eating a ton of CPU time, it's going to absolutely ravage the battery. Putting a heavy load on the CPU is easily as bad if not worse than constantly running the 3G cellular component. I'll have to take a look at this once the jailbreak is out.

I agree. It's funny you guys started this thread. I like the station "Japan-A-Radio". I subscribe to it (though I may cut that off due to me being unemployed at the moment) and I had a feeling that in its early stage it wouldn't support anything fancy. I didn't mind that. I just wanted my JAR fix. It plays it just fine, but I've experienced all the bugs mentioned in this thread so far.

It does indeed look quite a bit like iRadio. I liked iRadio, though Tuner is just as "stable" as iRadio was. To me it looks and feel like iRadio evolved. The last build of iRadio seems to have been abandoned, because I e-mailed its devs and I got no response...

I submitted a bug report to NullRiver, though they have yet to get back to me.

gentlegiantcrai
Jul 12, 2008, 07:53 AM
I agree. It's funny you guys started this thread. I like the station "Japan-A-Radio". I subscribe to it (though I may cut that off due to me being unemployed at the moment) and I had a feeling that in its early stage it wouldn't support anything fancy. I didn't mind that. I just wanted my JAR fix. It plays it just fine, but I've experienced all the bugs mentioned in this thread so far.

It does indeed look quite a bit like iRadio. I liked iRadio, though Tuner is just as "stable" as iRadio was. To me it looks and feel like iRadio evolved. The last build of iRadio seems to have been abandoned, because I e-mailed its devs and I got no response...

I submitted a bug report to NullRiver, though they have yet to get back to me.

I know this isnt a offically native application, but it is a awesome web app,
Flytunes.fm, they have streams for both Edge and 3g/Wifi

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/gentlegiantcraig/?action=view&current=IMG_0003-1.jpg
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/gentlegiantcraig/?action=view&current=IMG_0002-1.jpg

ViRGE
Jul 13, 2008, 12:22 AM
So I got an email back from Nullriver on the topic of HTTP-Auth support. It's coming in the next update, although they didn't say when that would be. So we should be able to use Tuner will paid services starting then.:)

On a related note, another streaming radio app popped up today, allRadio (http://www.visuamobile.com/products?action=allRadio), $3.99. I haven't downloaded it, but it looks like it's a little less functional than Tuner (no custom streams at all) but the screenshots make it look like it has a better UI. Like Tuner, I'm left wondering what the CPU usage is like though.

WillieAames
Jul 13, 2008, 11:00 AM

Any ideas?

Did you get this working? I'd love to hear WBER again (haven't listened to it in about 10 years since moving away).

Also, anyone know if this app works w/ KEXP?

ShiggyMiyamoto
Jul 13, 2008, 12:19 PM
So I got an email back from Nullriver on the topic of HTTP-Auth support. It's coming in the next update, although they didn't say when that would be. So we should be able to use Tuner will paid services starting then.:)

On a related note, another streaming radio app popped up today, allRadio (http://www.visuamobile.com/products?action=allRadio), $3.99. I haven't downloaded it, but it looks like it's a little less functional than Tuner (no custom streams at all) but the screenshots make it look like it has a better UI. Like Tuner, I'm left wondering what the CPU usage is like though.

Along with the paid-services compatibility I'm hoping the other bugs are fixed as well.

I've also say allRadio. I tried to download and purchase it, but it spit back at me this message: "This item is being updated. Please try again later."

Really odd.

I need to go to a meeting soon, and I'll be listening to JAR on the train. Let's see how it fairs. Heh. I may get allRadio as well to compare and whether or not it exhibits the same problems as Tuner. UI for me doesn't matter. It's functionality. As my friend's ex-girlfriend would say "Function over fashion!".

lol.

noty
Jul 13, 2008, 01:01 PM
I'd also like to know if this works on KEXP (http://kexp.org/home.asp), it's the only reason I want a streaming radio app on my iPhone. I would love for KEXP to create their own app that supports their archived streams and playlists archives.

Wub-Fur
Jul 13, 2008, 06:36 PM
I'd also like to know if this works on KEXP (http://kexp.org/home.asp), it's the only reason I want a streaming radio app on my iPhone. I would love for KEXP to create their own app that supports their archived streams and playlists archives.

Tuner definitely plays KEXP's streams (it should play any Shoutcast-compatible stream).

WillieAames
Jul 14, 2008, 04:43 PM
Tuner definitely plays KEXP's streams (it should play any Shoutcast-compatible stream).

Yup, plays both streams (32k and 128k). Was just using it to steam the 128k feed over wifi. I'll let you know how it performs over 3G, both quality and battery-wise, tomorrow.

izibo
Jul 14, 2008, 06:11 PM
Does anyone know if ESPN radio is on either AllRadio or Tuner?

badtz
Jul 14, 2008, 06:41 PM
can tuner play w/o pauses on 3G? and can the audio come out of the headphone jack?

apparently, AOL radio can't do that ... at least on my trials.

sneeks
Jul 15, 2008, 03:08 AM
Yes the audio can be listened to via headphones. The streams play well using 3G but I also get occasional pausing for no reason and have to manually start the feed again.

sneeks
Jul 15, 2008, 03:11 AM
Does anyone know if ESPN radio is on either AllRadio or Tuner?

Search here for Shoutcast stations. There are 3 results for ESPN using Tuner.

http://www.shoutcast.com/index.phtml

ViRGE
Jul 15, 2008, 05:22 AM
Yes the audio can be listened to via headphones. The streams play well using 3G but I also get occasional pausing for no reason and have to manually start the feed again.Yeah, it doesn't recover too well from a depleted buffer. I suspect it needs a deeper buffer altogether.

ieko
Jul 15, 2008, 09:50 AM
Has anyone else been kicked off a stream while not moving in an area with good 3G coverage? I wonder if AT&T is doing this, or if it's something else?

Also good news, I've seen many Verizon crews in the LA area adding bandwidth to AT&T cell sites in the past few days, one is near my house and they had to string wire from telephone poles to the site.

squirrelman
Jul 16, 2008, 07:03 PM
I recently bought the Tuner app because one of the reviews said they were able to get the WGN stream working but alas I have not been able to no matter what I try. Could anyone who has this please give it a try. The link to the stream can be found at http://www.wgnradio.com/listen Thanks in advance everyone.

Andy

ViRGE
Jul 17, 2008, 03:21 AM
I recently bought the Tuner app because one of the reviews said they were able to get the WGN stream working but alas I have not been able to no matter what I try. Could anyone who has this please give it a try. The link to the stream can be found at http://www.wgnradio.com/listen Thanks in advance everyone.

AndyPlug this URL in to Tuner:
http://208.80.52.106:80/WGNAMCMP3

squirrelman
Jul 17, 2008, 12:18 PM
Plug this URL in to Tuner:
http://208.80.52.106:80/WGNAMCMP3

I gave that a try but it now says "Stream connection closed", also when I attempt to go there on my normal computer it freezes for a second and never opens.

razorianfly
Jul 17, 2008, 12:21 PM
Is it just me, or has Null River's Tuner been pulled from the App Store entirely?

Go on ... search for it ... it's not there :eek:

Which means, if you some how lose it, you can't re-download it, free.

Great.

R-Fly

Peace
Jul 17, 2008, 12:22 PM
It's gone.

dazzerart
Jul 17, 2008, 12:28 PM
It has gone.... i'm gutted..

Hopefully they have removed it so they can update it or something

Anyway I emailed Itunes this morning and asked why.. I'll post their reply on here once i get it.

ieko
Jul 17, 2008, 01:16 PM
*Sigh* Well hopefully it'll come back, if not I guess one will need to figure out how to make a backup copy.

I noticed that my streaming troubles are mostly during morning to around 7pm, so my guess is that I'm being kicked because the cell towers can't handle the bandwidth as opposed to AT&T kicking me because they feel I'm abusing their service. I can usually pull 24kbps-48kbps streams during peak hours but once it gets later I can do 80kbps seamlessly.

ViRGE
Jul 17, 2008, 09:32 PM
I gave that a try but it now says "Stream connection closed", also when I attempt to go there on my normal computer it freezes for a second and never opens.It's a proper URL. I tested it last night in Tuner and Winamp and again right now. The software seems to be able to handle it, if you're having problems I'd look at your ISP and/or router.

And that's weird indeed that Tuner is gone. I'm not aware of Apple having ever previously pulled an app, so this is new to say the least.

donster28
Jul 18, 2008, 08:31 AM
tuner is still MIA this morning. this sucks, i had to restore my iphone 3g yesterday 'cause my apps stopped working. when i went to the app store to re-install tuner, it's not there!!!

please update this thread when you find out anything about this amazing app.

thanks guys.

ViRGE
Jul 18, 2008, 11:07 AM
BUMP...sorry guys, just really deperate to know what happened to this awesome app (TUNER). Anyone?I'm curious myself, so I've fired an email off to someone at Nullriver about this. We'll see what they have to say.

wonderbread57
Jul 18, 2008, 11:09 AM
How about an AM radio tuner that finds stations by location or zip

ViRGE
Jul 18, 2008, 12:13 PM
I got a response: Shoutcast licensing issues. I'm guessing they needed to pay to use the Shoutcast stream index and weren't already paying. They say it will be back up today.

squirrelman
Jul 18, 2008, 01:08 PM
It's a proper URL. I tested it last night in Tuner and Winamp and again right now. The software seems to be able to handle it, if you're having problems I'd look at your ISP and/or router.

And that's weird indeed that Tuner is gone. I'm not aware of Apple having ever previously pulled an app, so this is new to say the least.

I actually finally got it to work by clicking on "get info" on the stream being played in iTunes. I then typed that url in (it was just a bit different from the one you gave me, a few numbers different after the : ) and now it works. Thank you so much for pointing me in the right direction, now I am extremely happy with this program. Now if only it would go back on sale so my sister who also loves WGN can buy it for her iPhone...

tripko
Jul 18, 2008, 01:40 PM

Any ideas?

TUNER app under Music.

if you could see it in shoutcast, you'll be available to listen to it on the road. I have a 1G, upgraded to 2.0 and was able to listen even on some occasions 128 kbps streams.

I drove from San Francisco to Napa, listened to WRN New Zealand and it only dropped a couple of times.

dazzerart
Jul 18, 2008, 02:46 PM
Hear is itunes response.. I did email nullriver yesterday morning too but they haven't replied.

Dear Darren,

I'm sorry the iTunes Store doesn't have the item you wanted. I know how frustrating this can be. My name is Jennifer and I would be happy to assist you!

There may have been some kind of issue with "Tuner" that needed to be corrected before it's put out again, if ever.

Apple is constantly expanding the iTunes Store's catalog of music, audiobooks, videos, and movies. To ensure that your request is considered, please submit it through the Request page at:

http://www.apple.com/feedback/itunes.html

Thank you for being an iTunes Store customer and have a great day, Darren!

Sincerely,

Jennifer
iTunes Store Customer Support
---------------------------------------------------------------
wasn't very helpful was it?

SpY2K
Jul 18, 2008, 03:49 PM
I have also emailed Nullriver and have not received a response. So eager to get this app as I have always dreamed a of a way to stream Bassdrive and Dubstep.fm while driving around in my car... apparently this app will do that, but alas, as soon as I finaly get my iPhone 3G the app is pulled... what a bummer!

Please Nullriver... get the liscensing straightened out with shoutcast... or remove the directory and re-post the app so those of us who know what the stream is can still buy the app and play our favorite internet radio stations! I'd pay $20 for this!

mwickens
Jul 18, 2008, 08:06 PM
Tuner is back in the iTunes App store! (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284205617&mt=8)

It's a new version with some added features: auto pause for phone call, M3U support, HTTP authentication.

And they moved from Shoutcast to using their own stream database.

Edit: It's also gone up in price by a dollar to $5.99.

markym07931
Jul 18, 2008, 08:13 PM
Tuner is back in the iTunes App store! (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=284205617&mt=8)

It's a new version with some added features: auto pause for phone call, M3U support, HTTP authentication.

And they moved from Shoutcast to using their own stream database.

Edit: It's also gone up in price by a dollar to $5.99.

Gone up in the UK Store to 3.49 for the new version

not on "update" yet, to go from the version i have to 1.2..... weird!

ViRGE
Jul 18, 2008, 08:16 PM
Interesting, they dropped the Shoutcast listing service entirely, in favor of some other service. I would have figured that they would just license the existing listing from Nullsoft. I wonder if Nullsoft isn't licensing it, or if they simply wanted too much?

Anyhow, HTTP-Auth support, yay.:D I can finally listen to DI.fm premium.

Edit: Whatever it is that they replaced the Shoutcast listing service with isn't bad by any means, although it doesn't seem to be as complete as the old listings.

Now I just wish it supported AAC, DI got rid of the 128k MP3 streams since everyone was using the 128k AAC. :(

mwickens
Jul 18, 2008, 08:44 PM
Now I just wish it supported AAC, DI got rid of the 128k MP3 streams since everyone was using the 128k AAC. :(

The description on the iTunes store says it supports AAC. I haven't tried it myself, though.

ViRGE
Jul 18, 2008, 09:06 PM
The description on the iTunes store says it supports AAC. I haven't tried it myself, though.It's complicated. The two native Shoutcast formats are MP3 and AAC+ since those are what ship with the Shoutcast DSP for Winamp But Shoutcast is just a container, so any format can be used. AAC is used by some broadcasters since it's better than MP3 (hence a 128k stream is basically CD-perfect while an MP3 may still be off if you have good ears) but further down the line AAC+ is used since it's exceptionally better than MP3 or AAC at a given bitrate. The catch is that AAC+ is really only designed for 64kb and lower streams (it doesn't scale up past that well due to design limitations) and as a result it can't quite touch a 128kb MP3 (let alone AAC). So DI/Sky uses AAC at 128k since AAC+ can't offer CD quality audio.

Anyhow, Tuner supports AAC+, but not AAC, I'm guessing because AAC is non-standard for Shoutcast*. However I seem to have found a bug in their AAC+ decoder, SBR doesn't appear to be kicking in, meaning that it's just playing the baseband audio signal and the audio quality sucks as a result. I've filed a note with them, so I'll see what they have to say.

* The weird thing is that normal AAC (AAC-LE) is part of the AAC+ standard, since the baseband stream is in AAC, so not supporting normal AAC would appear to be a configuration/business matter, and not a technical matter.

cenetti
Jul 18, 2008, 10:11 PM
I just installed Tuner....very good BUT!

It'd very useful if we could color label our bookmarks by genre.
I was driving around tonight and with 40+ bookmarks it's very hard to see what genre (or channel) you're clicking.
I wanted to listen dance channel, kept clicking rock channels. It's disaster waiting to happen, quite dangerous driving and trying to read iphone's screen at the same time.

say red = rock channels
orange = dance
etc.

Simple color labels (just like in OSX) for different genres, Nullriver, ya hear?

trunksu
Jul 18, 2008, 10:26 PM
so does the new one still play normal shoutcast streams? i'm looking to try to get pulseradio or di.fm regular streams on it.

i wonder if apple will integrate internet streaming through the ipod interface someday...

ViRGE
Jul 18, 2008, 11:04 PM
so does the new one still play normal shoutcast streams? i'm looking to try to get pulseradio or di.fm regular streams on it.

i wonder if apple will integrate internet streaming through the ipod interface someday...

thanks :)Yes. It just uses a different directory provider if you're looking for streams that way.

Simple color labels (just like in OSX) for different genres, Nullriver, ya hear?Unfortunately I don't think Nullriver is reading Macrumors. You'll probably need to email them that suggestion.

cualexander
Jul 19, 2008, 12:31 AM
This app does what I've dreamed of for years. I always said it would be cool as hell if I could have portable internet radio. As I sit here and type this on my laptop, I'm listening to tuner on my iphone and its just crystal clear 128kbps, doesn't skip a beat and this station cross-fades between songs. Uninterrupted tunes. All over 3g cellular network.

The choices are endless. Screw Pandora and their 64kbps MONO.

cenetti
Jul 19, 2008, 02:43 AM
is it true that we have a 5gb soft limit?

then according to my calculations, about one hour 128K listening will be around 56mbs hmm
now say, I use it about 3 hours/day, thats 168mb/day, and 1gb 176mb a week

so that's about 4gb and 700mb a month. Almost 5gb...:eek:

Now that sucks big time.....

ViRGE
Jul 19, 2008, 03:50 AM
is it true that we have a 5gb soft limit?

then according to my calculations, about one hour 128K listening will be around 56mbs hmm
now say, I use it about 3 hours/day, thats 168mb/day, and 1gb 176mb a week

so that's about 4gb and 700mb a month. Almost 5gb...:eek:

Now that sucks big time.....No one here can really tell you for sure. Only AT&T knows, and they won't tell you until you hit it. Any limit is likely to be related to operational area; areas with heavily subscribed 3G services would have lower limits than an undersubscribed area, since there would be less per-capita bandwidth to work with.

bigrobb
Jul 19, 2008, 11:52 PM
with tuner can you listen to local radio station internet streams?

ViRGE
Jul 20, 2008, 12:01 AM
with tuner can you listen to local radio station internet streams?If your local station offers a Shoutcast compatible stream, yes. However, if it's: Real Audio, Flash, or Windows Media Audio based, you can not.

ViRGE
Jul 20, 2008, 12:56 AM
So now that we finally have the firmware 2.0 jailbreak, I did a bit of auditing of Tuner. It looks like they're using the OS's built-in media services (mediaserverd) for audio playback, which is great from a CPU usage standpoint. A 192kb MP3 stream runs at about 10% CPU usage on the daemon.

The CPU killer is the visualizer, that's eating another 40% from Tuner and 10-15% from Springboard that isn't really necessary and is going to speed up what's already going to be a fast battery drain when using 3G. Unless you like looking at the pretty lines, you should shut off the visualizer by going to another screen (I recommend the bookmark screen), at which point Tuner's CPU usage drops below 5%, Springboard to effectively 0%, and the total CPU usage for drops to below 15%.

Coincidentally, I think I've figured out why they're having the AAC+ problems I mentioned yesterday. If they're using mediaserverd for audio, then they're relying on the OS to decode everything. iPhone OS 1.x/2.x doesn't support AAC+, it only supports MP3 and AAC for its lossy formats. So when passing an AAC+ stream, the AAC decoder can decode the AAC baseband stream but not the additional features (SBR/PS) found in AAC+. Accordingly, I think this makes Nullriver absolute morons since they should know that iPhone OS doesn't support AAC+. Perhaps they meant to list/enable AAC support and got things backwards?

bigrobb
Jul 20, 2008, 06:13 AM
Oh well the 2 stations I wanted are realaudio I will have to see if a different app will work for those

ViRGE
Jul 20, 2008, 07:10 AM
Oh well the 2 stations I wanted are realaudio I will have to see if a different app will work for thoseYou'll probably be waiting for a while then. Real makes the player open source and will license out their codecs, but this means someone will have to make a commercial app with it. It's $.25/unit, with a $7500 upfront fee. You need to sell 30k copies just to break even, in that sense.

mwickens
Jul 20, 2008, 12:30 PM
I've just come to a realization that is probably obvious to everyone else, but:

As pointed out by ViRGE, Tuner uses the built-in iPhone audio decoding. What this means is that Safari can be used to play many of the streams that Tuner can; i.e., direct MP3 or AAC streams (non pls or m3u). If the streams you want fall into this category, not only to you save the $6 for Tuner, Safari lets you go to other applications while playing music, whereas Tuner stops playing as soon as you exit.

As I say, probably obvious to many of you, but it wasn't to me!

ViRGE
Jul 20, 2008, 04:16 PM
Actually AFAIK that shouldn't work. It may work for a few crudely assembled streams, but the majority of streams include meta data that Safari can't handle. What makes Shoutcast Shoutcast is that it's a stream of HTTP data with header information, audio data, and meta data all encapsulated in it.

queshy
Jul 20, 2008, 06:41 PM
Just bought tuner - seems to work well. I wish the music could run in the background though while doing other stuff. It's still good when you want to listen to something new. I'm sure I'll get my 6 bucks worth over the next little while!

Why can't I find access to local radio stations that stream online? For example, how do I get access on my iphone to this: http://www.q92fm.com/stream/

amazingdave
Jul 20, 2008, 08:30 PM
can you get NPR on this?

ViRGE
Jul 21, 2008, 02:29 AM
can you get NPR on this?It's in the Shoutcast.com directory, so I'm guessing yes.

flikaflik
Sep 11, 2008, 08:49 AM
FlyCast Mobile is available for free in the app store. You can listen to any shoutcast channel, surf while you listen, pause, skip sometimes, cache.

arubinst
Sep 11, 2008, 09:41 AM
FlyCast Mobile is available for free in the app store. You can listen to any shoutcast channel, surf while you listen, pause, skip sometimes, cache.
Humm... It doesn't seem to be available at the App store in Switzerland :mad:

EDIT: Never mind, I found it here (http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewSoftware?id=289088708&mt=8)

acousticbiker
Sep 11, 2008, 11:43 AM
I know this isnt a offically native application, but it is a awesome web app,
Flytunes.fm, they have streams for both Edge and 3g/Wifi

http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/gentlegiantcraig/?action=view&current=IMG_0003-1.jpg
http://s242.photobucket.com/albums/ff31/gentlegiantcraig/?action=view&current=IMG_0002-1.jpg

Yes, Flytunes is now native as Flycast.